Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A CSS Problem

Options
  • 11-06-2007 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem which is not only fustrating because its, well, a problem but it makes no sense! I've located the error but I can't fix it because I need it, not the error but... :confused: Heres my problem...

The Code
    #tabbox{
    	position: absolute;
    	top: 375px;
    	left: 210px;
    	width: 820px;
    	background-color: #ffffff;
    	padding: 0px, 30px, 0px, 30px;
    	border-bottom-style: solid;
    	border-bottom-color: #000000;
    	border-bottom-width: 1px;
    	text-align: center;
    }

a.tabs{
    	background-color: #8489fe;
    	text-decoration: none;
    	font-size: 24px;
    	font-family: 'Eras Demi ITC';
    	color: #808080;
    	padding: 0px, 5px, 0px, 5px;
    	border-style: solid;
    	border-color: #808080;
    	border-width: 1px, 1px, 0px, 1px; 
    	margin-right: 15px;
    }

The problem is that there is no top border even though one is specified. The problem is the 'position:absolute' and the 'width:820px' in the '#tabbox'. I cant remove them 'cause I need them so what can I do? I'm completly stumped.

Thanks in advance,
    S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

its the font height - its too big.

the borders appear when you drop it down to 14px font size

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Thanks, why does that happen though? I havent specified a height for the 'tabbox' so why does it cut? I cant make the text 14px either cause thats tiny.

Hate to ask but, is their any other way, other than changing size, to fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well to be honest I couldnt answer that, unless that was all that was in the css

plus absolute positioning can be very very messy - especially if people increase the font size, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

No, theres loads more CSS. Thanks anyway.

If has any other thoughts feel free to express them.

Advertisement