Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military.ie

Options
  • 11-06-2007 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Just been looking at Military.ie and the Air Corps picture section and well OMG! They need to be badly upgraded, they still have pictures of The Dauphin,Marchetti, and Gazelles like come on..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

Steyr wrote:
    Just been looking at Military.ie and the Air Corps picture section and well OMG! They need to be badly upgraded, they still have pictures of The Dauphin,Marchetti, and Gazelles like come on..
    We`ve been waiting for the new site for quite a while now. It is quite bad across all sections of the DF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Its a joke considering its upgraded regularily regarding news and events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

I was gonna go into a big rant and rave about how much I despise military.ie and its propaganda but...

...instead I'll let Flava Flav give warning to you all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjH7X-jAY4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

What would you like to see on an RDF / DF website so?

testicle wrote:
    What would you like to see on an RDF / DF website so?

Up to date Pictures of current Aircraft not ones that have been disbanded and everything else in between...Was it not clear enough for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

easy guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

:)
    actually
    we're all on the same side!!

have the same or similar wishes..

i'll do the photography - honest!! well the stills - someone else would have to do the video!

and perhaps at least show the DF in the right shade! huh?

Steyr wrote:
    Up to date Pictures of current Aircraft not ones that have been disbanded and everything else in between...Was it not clear enough for you?

OK, I shall rephrase, for the bumskulls among us.

What you you like to see on an purely RDF website?

testicle wrote:
    OK, I shall rephrase, for the bumskulls among us.

What you you like to see on an purely RDF website?

I dont care about the RDF part....Yet.

I do, now enough with the stupid answers.

You're in the RDF not the Air Corps, now concentrate on that for a few minutes.

• Advertisement

testicle wrote:
    I do, now enough with the stupid answers.

You're in the RDF not the Air Corps, now concentrate on that for a few minutes.

Why the hell should i? I have an interest in Irish Civil and Military Aviation firstly and people are going to go to Military.ie and see outdated equipment the are not in the Current Air Corps fleet and yes i know they can go to other sites that are not Official and see the proper up to date pictures of current Aircraft then go to Military.ie operated by the Official DF themselves and it will show them in bad light if they cannot even maintain their own Official site about the Equipment/platforms they use. You can go worry abut the RDF side.......

Bog off back to daddy and his airshow so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Steyr and teticle.......ye two guys are hillarious! :D:D Always have a good laugh when I see a thread involving ye two gents :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

Steyr wrote:
    Military.ie operated by the Official DF themselves and it will show them in bad light if they cannot even maintain their own Official site about the Equipment/platforms they use.

agreed. the internet - both official and unofficial - is very often young peoples first 'solid' interaction with the defence forces.

if, while browsing both, it becomes crystal clear that the DoD can't maintain a reasonably current website, why then should either a potential recruit - or indeed any citizen - have much confidence in the DoD's abilty to manage some of its rather more complex responsibilities?

doing nothing is very often better than doing something in a half-arsed way, if the DoD don't consider having a decent website - for both public and press use - a desirable thing (though fcuk knows why they might think that..) then they shouldn't have a website of that type at all, if however they do think that having a decent, up to date and fairly accessable/open web presence is a good thing in terms of creating greater public awareness of the DF's operations at home and abroad (which usually leads to getting more cash and better toys) then they should get a real grip instead of looking utterly crap!

Steyr and teticle.......ye two guys are hillarious! :D:D Always have a good laugh when I see a thread involving ye two gents :p

The name is testicle. Mr Testicle to you :)

OS119 wrote:
    agreed. the internet - both official and unofficial - is very often young peoples first 'solid' interaction with the defence forces.

if, while browsing both, it becomes crystal clear that the DoD can't maintain a reasonably current website, why then should either a potential recruit - or indeed any citizen - have much confidence in the DoD's abilty to manage some of its rather more complex responsibilities?

doing nothing is very often better than doing something in a half-arsed way, if the DoD don't consider having a decent website - for both public and press use - a desirable thing (though fcuk knows why they might think that..) then they shouldn't have a website of that type at all, if however they do think that having a decent, up to date and fairly accessable/open web presence is a good thing in terms of creating greater public awareness of the DF's operations at home and abroad (which usually leads to getting more cash and better toys) then they should get a real grip instead of looking utterly crap!

Thank you OS119, Case closed, Testicle you can go away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Your username is Steyr? Do you live your whole week looking forward to Tuesday evening?

Your username is Steyr? Do you live your whole week looking forward to Tuesday evening?

Why? Whats happening on Tuesday evenings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

@ Jackpalance I used to look forward to Tuesday evenings. They were great. If you don't think so, fair enough, but if you just want to ridicule other people's interest and enjoyment in the Military you are in the wrong Forum.

As for some of you others, I see an opening the market for these...
    2244.jpg

Hagar wrote:
    @ Jackpalance I used to look forward to Tuesday evenings. They were great. If you don't think so, fair enough, but if you just want to ridicule other people's interest and enjoyment in the Military you are in the wrong Forum.

I think you;ve misunderstood jackpalance. Poor chap.

• Advertisement

Perhaps, perhaps not. ;)

My Training Nights were always Mondays, Tuesdays were Artillery and Medic Parades. Since the Re-Org we have not had a Parade Evening/Night instead we have been doing weekend Courses and Range Practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Hagar I enjoy Tuesday evenings myself. No offence intended to the users of this forum I assure you. I keep an eye on this forum and I notice this Steyr chap is obsessed.
    "Status, current..."

Fair enough. I'm just a bit protective.
    One man's enthusiasm is another man's obsession.
    Steyr is a very active poster, enthusiastic and very helpful.
    I can't fault his commitment to all things Military.

Hagar I enjoy Tuesday evenings myself. No offence intended to the users of this forum I assure you. I keep an eye on this forum and I notice this Steyr chap is obsessed.
    "Status, current..."

Far from obsessed, people use statements like that all the time, some people are "Current" members yet others say they are members of the RDF yet never bother their hole going up so they would not be current and they are slowly being replaced in fact alot of names in the book in my Unit were deleted by my SGT as they were not deemed acitve/current/whatever anymore as they never bothered to turn up for a long period of time so now they are gone as he didnt have the patience to be sending out letters to people who are not going to put the effort in so relax ist just a saying and its used everywhere why even my PC says it when it says the Broadband is running:Status-Current/Connected, try not to look to deep into it.

Hagar wrote:
    Fair enough. I'm just a bit protective.
    One man's enthusiasm is another man's obsession.
    Steyr is a very active poster, enthusiastic and very helpful.
    I can't fault his commitment to all things Military.

Thank you Sir.

There's also a very thin line to cross to be a Walt.

Never in my over 10 years in the organisation have I heard someone say they were "current" until a few weeks ago in After Hours, and I've gotten around.

testicle wrote:

Never in my over 10 years in the organisation have I heard someone say they were "current" until a few weeks ago in After Hours, and I've gotten around.

Id say you have gotten around alright........Who cares its a WORD. You need to relax a bit. Just a bit.

Steyr wrote:
    Id say you have gotten around alright........Who cares its a WORD. You need to relax a bit. Just a bit.

I don't suffer fools gladly.

• Advertisement

testicle wrote:
    I don't suffer fools gladly.

Then go away because i dont suffer pains gladly, remember as the Mods say attack the post not the Poster now please quit this childish behaviour yes ive been wrong in the past on some subjects but ive admitted that and been rightly corrected so please just move on.

Advertisement