Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista Compatible Games?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 9:57pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Let's start a list of Vista compatible PC games...

1. Silent Hunter III Pacific

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

That's about it...

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Timans wrote:
    That's about it...

:D
    Naaaa, MicroSoft Games came out with one recently, but I cannot remember the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Every game should be Vista compatable...

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I have World of Warcraft and Half Life 2 installed and working on vista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'm running vista, the games I have installed and running with no bother are Stalker, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Battlefield 2, Day of Defeat, Serious Sam 2, Brothers In Arms, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, Far Cry, Call of Duty , Counter-Strike Source, Project IGI, SWAT 4, Joint Operations Typhoon Rising, Joint Operations Escalation, Battlefield Vietnam, Colin McRae Rally 04, Medieval II Total War, Cossacks II, Delta Force Xtreme, Sniper Elite
    Seems as they all work I'd assume all or most games will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

supreme commander
    company of heroes
    command and conquer 3
    stalker
    hl2 etc
    battlefield 2
    age of empires 3

thats what i got installed at the moment and it all works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

A "Games that don't work with Vista" thread would probably make more sense, since Vista and DX10 are backwards compatible with Windows XP and DX9,8,7,6 etc so most games should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

every game i own works on vista right now. only issue i've had is armed assault having some sort of memory error that's apparently quite common in XP too (though i only ever got it in vista)...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

This could turn into a big list!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Company Of Heroes works, only one I've tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

had problems witg Civ 4 but got it straightened out eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Shadowrun is a Vista title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

eggg i hate the way halo 2 is vista only.....

Jedi Outcast Works.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eggg i hate the way halo 2 is vista only.....
    it really is just as well tbh, they're saving you from another bore-fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Jet set willy works

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Some games have Vista tags, but that doesnt matter as nearly every game will run on Vista. The only annoying games are ones where the Developers agreed to make their game Vista only, eg;Shadowrun. Nothing better then limiting your target audience to a few percent of what it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Wicknight wrote:
    A "Games that don't work with Vista" thread would probably make more sense, since Vista and DX10 are backwards compatible with Windows XP and DX9,8,7,6 etc so most games should work.

It's a wee bit more complicated, though, some applications in general have been reported not to immediately work or to require some fiddling. It's perhaps more of an issue with Vista 64-bit.

I'm getting Vista 64 soon, so hopefully my games will be OK. By the sounds of things they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

LookingFor wrote:
    I'm getting Vista 64 soon, so hopefully my games will be OK. By the sounds of things they should be.

You sure that's wise?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Just recently, I am beginning to notice more games over here on the shelves that are including Vista as a minimum/preferred OS in the specs.

• Advertisement

Twaddle, that's all that is, like the Works best on nVidia logo thing, lies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

fu*king Chrome Specforce doesn't work :mad:

Advertisement