Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottling Bands

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

BaZmO* wrote:
    Clap, Clap, Clap! Well done. A+
    im sure you are an angel arnt you? you have never done anything that your friends didnt agree with. this guy is far from a scumbag, how can you be so singleminded that you judge a person so easily. there are millions of things worse than throwing a bottle at a band. i have seen people push over porto loos at festivals, with people in them!! those people are scumbags.
    anyway, lets get back onto the main topic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

magpie wrote:
    However, for 'tough guys' like fiddy cent, who has been shot 10,000,000 times, surely a bottling is nothing?
    wacca wacca wacca excellent point :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Driver 8 wrote:
    Just read an article on last year's Reading where My Chemical Romance and Panic at the Disco got bottled rather severely

As sorely tempted as I'd be to bottle either band :D, it's well out of order. Grounds for walking off stage until security get the muppets responsible. Just go and get a drink if you don't like the bands.
    im sure you are an angel arnt you? you have never done anything that your friends didnt agree with. this guy is far from a scumbag, how can you be so singleminded that you judge a person so easily. there are millions of things worse than throwing a bottle at a band. i have seen people push over porto loos at festivals, with people in them!! those people are scumbags.

The topic is throwing bottles.

If your mate threw a bottle at somebody on the street, he'd be a scumbag. When he does it at a gig, safe in the knowledge that he can't get his head kicked in; its the same.

If I was standing beside somebody who hit somebody on stage with a bottle, I'd probably smack them myself tbh.
    magpie wrote:

However, for 'tough guys' like fiddy cent, who has been shot 10,000,000 times, surely a bottling is nothing?

classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Throwing bottles is completely retarded and I don't know how people in their right minds can do it to other human beings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Yan (British Sea Power) got a full pint all over his guitar, about two minutes into a gig. He was not pleased by this most un-forward-thinking behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

What did she say?

She had this to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

God bless her. I wonder what way she broke the news to all the band members she's fired that they didn't "belong here".....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

Driver 8 wrote:
    I know it's not specific to metal, but still, the instances of bottling at reading, and download in england, and metallica gigs, why are metal fans so violent in their reaction to bands they dislike?

In life outside of gigs a lot of them are little ''rockers'' who hang out at the bank and I imagine they get their fair share of beatings so when in a crowd of others they feel big by attacking someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

#Elites wrote:
    every band shoud do what Akon did, pick them up and throw em away:D
    I though Akon just dryhumps whatever trash lands up on stage in front of him?

Personally tho I think I'd take the Mike Patton approach and just sift thru what was thrown at me in hope of finding a tasty treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 heiid

Driver 8 wrote:
    Just read an article on last year's Reading where My Chemical Romance and Panic at the Disco got bottled rather severely

Is it ever justified? And am I wrong in saying that metal fans are generally the first to abuse support bands (I've heard horrors stories of what happened to Linkin Park and Lost Prophets at Metallica gigs)

Personally, I think that physically endangering a band is taking things way too far. Just walk away, or boo if they're really that bad. A good heckle's always fun too;) opinions?

They deserve every bottle that hit them. Why were they even there?? boybands/emos eg mcr, lstprof, paparoach, linknpark, bfmv should not have slots at so called 'metal' concerts or festivals. They physically endanger themselves by playing pop ****e in front of thousands of drunken metalers.
    There was a good ol bottlin' in 2003 when linknpark supported metallica and in 2004 when lost prophits did. cheers to the guy who got a bottle of somthing all over the linkinpark decks :D
    was funny when Slipknot came on after and cory taylor sarcasticly says "Lets give it up for lost prophits!" lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

That’s funny how you've labelled people you don't know, who tip over porta loos, as 'scumbags' but use the argument that someone doesn't know your friend as a defence against him being a scumbag. Both actions endangered someone’s health. It takes a certain person to get up on a stage and play music they have written to people they don't know (granted they are paid well to do it but it doesn't give anyone the right to abuse them). To attempt to injure them because you do not like their music or feel they don't "belong" there is incredibly stupid and arrogant. Would your friend bottle someone busking on a street he was on because he thought they were useless? I'm not calling your friend a scumbag, but, I strongly disagree with throwing anything at someone on stage and I would have no time for people who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Bring back L7.

At one of the Reading festivals when L7 were playing the crowd started throwing lumps of muck on stage to which Donita Sparks responded in protest by ripping out her tampon and throwing it to the crowd

"They threw mud," she later explained. "We threw blood."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Neville Flynn

here's david yow of the jesus lizard getting bottled http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu9lUbf5GQ0 48 second in, within a minute hes back up and singin on !!! crazy bastard

also when fiddy was being bottled despite a constant procession of bottles he made sure to stay the pre-requisite 30 minutes or whatever it was needed to make sure he got paid !!

Advertisement