Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE w300i problem

• 11-06-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

My phone has suddenly decided that the headphones are stuck in when they clearly aren't. The little headphone symbol has appeared in the top left corner. I wouldn't mind but it precludes me from availing of the main function of the damn yoke, i.e. making calls.

I've turned the phone off and on, removed the battery, wiped down the connection bit, given it a couple of headbutts. No joy. Unfortunately I've lost the actual headphones so I cant try plugging them in and out to see if it knows the difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

couple of ideas, not sure how much use they'll be to you but you can try where possible ..

- borrow some headphones and plug them in and out
    - plug the data cable in and out
    - plug the charger in and out
    - change the phone profile
    - try updating the software via the sony ericsson support website
    - bring the phone back to the shop you bought it and see if they can repair it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

try what ciaranfo says but unfortunately the usual reason for that is that moisture has got into the connection and there's a short circuit that makes the phone think there are headphones in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ah gick...

Yeah put in the charger and speakers. The former tells me I'm charging an "alien battery" (at least it still charges), the latter does nothing extraordinary.

Hmm... I unfortunately have no receipt for this yoke. What's the next port of call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

most shops take your name when you buy a phone so you shouldn't need your receipt
    failing that, you can bring it to mprc (mobile phone repair company) in sandyford. if its in warranty they'll repair it for free, unless its user damage of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

You wouldnt have changed the profile from normal by any chance???

• Advertisement
Advertisement