Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ear piercing...

Options
  • 11-06-2007 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

howdy, first time poster here and i'm fresh (ie. no piercings) :D

i'm looking to get my first piercing but before i go ahead with it i'd like to get some reassuring answers to some questions i have.

don't worry i'm not going to ask is it going to hurt, as i know the answer i'll get :p

1. i'm looking to get a piercing like this

Industrial_Piercing-5.jpg

now since i'm a newbie to the piercing world in general i have no idea what this type of piercing is called, and me being me i hate going into any shop/store/place that offers a service not knowing what i want and what it is called.

2. obviously i want this done by a reputable piercer ie. no george's street arcade gun of death jobbies, anyone reccommend a good place in dublin city that will go easy on newbies? :D

3. i know the cost will vary from place to place but what money wise would i roughly be looking at?

cheers for your responses in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

It's an industrial/scaffold. It can go from any point in the ear to the other. Adonis, Snakebite, Celestial Ring are my personal faves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

was looking at getting one myself,you're looking at around 70/80 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Price varies, doll.

And it depends on your ear too. I can't have a horiz scaffold cos of my weird ears.

personally I think they're kinda boring. I'd suggest maybe a vertical scaff? Or go with something totally different. I'd reccommend snakebite or Celestial. Have a chat with any of the piercers and come up with an interesting piece.

Be a bit different. I find nothing more interesting than a person with just one pretty awesome mod. :)

Price? 50 - 80 depending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SweetQueency

This is nice but i have never done piercing. I like tattoos!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

And it depends on your ear too. I can't have a horiz scaffold cos of my weird ears.

personally I think they're kinda boring. I'd suggest maybe a vertical scaff? Or go with something totally different. I'd reccommend snakebite or Celestial. Have a chat with any of the piercers and come up with an interesting piece.

Be a bit different. I find nothing more interesting than a person with just one pretty awesome mod. :)

Price? 50 - 80 depending.

hmm i think my ear will take one but what could i possibly know, i'll let the experts tell me if i can or can't :P

i think i'll go to celestial as they are in stephen's green which is easy for me to get to.

i'm not mad on the old vertical scaffold as i'd be terrified that when i'm putting in/taking out my earphones that the earphone would get snagged and me - being the impatient person i am - would rip it out :eek:.

this type of piercing was the only kind of one that appealed to me, i don't like having something too outrageous nor do i want to go for the first time piercing of the lobe that most people get as a first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LauraLeeConboy

I have vertical and horizontal scaffolds. They are great but just be careful sleeping because they still get sore after years of having them, also the balls on the barbell have left dents in ear, but its only if the piercing is out. my friends pierce in bodyshock and celestial, They do a good job on me so check them out!
    By the way if you get a vertical scaffold ask them to bend the bar because if you leave it straight it cuts the **** out of your ear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Whether or not they need to bend on the bar depends on the shape of your ear... mine didn't need it.

Advertisement