Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS - how extend div border full height?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

You could simply assign the border property to the left div and add some padding so that it appears to be a border on the right div.

I think this is what you're looking for: http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread616709.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

The best way is to make a repeating horizontal background for the content div.

See here for more information on how to do it. It really is very simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Whats the writing on the page? I've seen it on numerous different pages in construction and on templates. Is is just a tradition type thing to use that particular writing to view how your page looks with writing? It doesn't all translate into 'Hello World!' by any chance, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Seachmall wrote:
    Whats the writing on the page? I've seen it on numerous different pages in construction and on templates. Is is just a tradition type thing to use that particular writing to view how your page looks with writing? It doesn't all translate into 'Hello World!' by any chance, does it?
    http://www.lipsum.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Mirror wrote:
    You could simply assign the border property to the left div and add some padding so that it appears to be a border on the right div.
    I went for this option out of laziness, though I did try setting the height of the parent element.

Thanks for the other replies - I'll consider them for future sites.

Advertisement