Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Mortems good or bad?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

What do think about people analyzing each exam after they finish it? Personally I hate talking about them. I just want to wait and see the result cos half the time I dont have a clue what way its gonna turn out. What do you guys think?

Do you like post-mortems on exams? 22 votes

Yup, I love to work out how well I got on.
    0%
    Nah, I just want to move on and forget about it.
    100%
    T-b0n3mang87JC 2K3Citizen_Erasedcocoacablamd99Evd-BurnerTomlowemathewLimerick DudeNaikonHaven't a ClueNehpetsnervous_twitchcolm-ccfc84NiltherfonpoknoEnemy Of FateSamHamilton 22 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I hate digressing over them. I remain happy in the knowledge that the question is right until the examiner lays that pen on the paper.
    Example: Geography-impact of folding and faulting I wrote about the formation of the mariana trench and the mid athlantic ridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I love dissecting exams after they're done.Its the only fun thing about exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Nilther

I like carrying out a post mortem of certain subjects and hate doing it with others, it just depends, I love going over maths exams and physics exams but hate going over things like english and french, too much a bring down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm still waiting for someone to say '' oh no, you were right about the mariana trench''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

They will have to give some marks for at least attempting:)
    I really hated that Geog paper.
    I didnt explain erosion and deposition in realation to the waterfall question, so they are bound to hammer me for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I'm still waiting for someone to say '' oh no, you were right about the mariana trench''
    Oh no, you were right about the mariana trench!!

Note:I don't do geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I don't really do post mortems myself, but it doesn't bother me when other people ask for answers/opinions. Mostly though I only enjoy going over answers in maths, because at least then there's right/wrong unlike the gray area in other subjects...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Depends if i did well in the exam or not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I like em. I like having a general idea of how I got on. For example, in Maths I essentially know to a fairly precise degree what I'm gonna get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Depends if i did well in the exam or not :p

what he said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

that said, i dissect them to death.. particularly maths :)

spent as much time going over paper 1 and 2 as I did doing them... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

I stick by the oft used cliché in football "Im only think about the next match" and apply it to my exams "Im only thinking about the next exam"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Only if I've done well in them. There's no point dwelling on exams you did **** on.

Advertisement