Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W.S.O.P. Satellite at the Sporting Emporium Tue 12th June.

• 11-06-2007 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

W.S.O.P. Satellite at the Sporting Emporium Tue 12th June.

Tournament entry €150+€15
    3,500 chips

One optional Re-buy or Top-up €150
    5,000 chips

Max capacity 120 players,

Card room is open from 6:30pm for single table satellites,

W.S.O.P. Satellite starts at 9pm sharp players are requested to arrive at least 15min before start of tournament to ensure prompt start time.

Blind levels 20/30 min

25 50
    50 100
    75 150
    100 200
    150 300 25
    200 400 50
    300 600 75
    400 800 100
    600 1200 100
    800 1600 200
    1000 2000 200
    1500 3000 300
    2000 4000 300
    3000 6000 500
    4000 8000 500
    6000 12000 500

Please note:
    This event is being run by the Sporting Emporium and all events at this location are commercial unless otherwise stated.
    All tournaments start at 9pm sharp unless otherwise stated.
    “”We ask all players as a courtesy to each other to arrive at least 30min before the event to ensure a prompt start time.””
    All players must be at least 21 and be a member of the club.
    All tournaments are No-Limit Texas Hold’em unless otherwise stated.
    Structures and starting stacks are set in relation to the size of the buy-in and may be amended or changed at the tournament director’s discretion. (We always make an effort to give maximum value for all our players.)
    All tables are dealt to the highest standard.
    Card room rules available on request (amended TDA rules in practice in the club)
    As normal practice the Tournament Director / Floor person’s decision is final.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

What is value of package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭zsoulking

Sory

€10,000 which is aprox $13,350

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Hmmm i'm thinking of taking a break from my break to play this. Really want to play the world series and i might just give 1 or 2 more qualifiers a go before its too late. 2 weeks off has been good and i feel refreshed and ready to go!

Anyone else playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

permission slip just granted from mrs bops :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Flushdraw wrote:
    Hmmm i'm thinking of taking a break from my break to play this. Really want to play the world series and i might just give 1 or 2 more qualifiers a go before its too late. 2 weeks off has been good and i feel refreshed and ready to go!

Anyone else playing?

people all over dublin are cashing in their prop bets!!!

• Advertisement

people all over dublin are cashing in their prop bets!!!

No fair! I only said thinking about going in, nothing definite! Its harder than i thought taking a month off. But maybe a week off every month could be the way forward. Although i'm pretty sure even 2 weeks is longer than most people thought i'd last! Still not playin online or live cash games but the WSOP qualifier could be excused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Flushdraw wrote:
    No fair! I only said thinking about going in, nothing definite! Its harder than i thought taking a month off. But maybe a week off every month could be the way forward. Although i'm pretty sure even 2 weeks is longer than most people thought i'd last! Still not playin online or live cash games but the WSOP qualifier could be excused!

Better off throwing the €310 online and playing the Stars sat on Sunday night IMO.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Better off throwing the €310 online and playing the Stars sat on Sunday night IMO.

I might just do that instead Lloyd. Whats the structure for the the sat on stars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

Flushdraw wrote:
    I might just do that instead Lloyd. Whats the structure for the the sat on stars?

its 370$ 150 tickets gauranteed 2.5k starting and a half hour clock blinds start at 10/20 15/30 25/50 and so on...best value sat left to pay imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

LuckyLloyd wrote:

• Advertisement

its 370$ 150 tickets gauranteed 2.5k starting and a half hour clock blinds start at 10/20 15/30 25/50 and so on...best value sat left to play imo

Yeah - the structure is really good. The field will be really mixed also - ranging from the best in the world to the worst in the world. Will be a tough 12 hr+ struggle in all probabillity and coming through a field of 7000 + would obv require you to run very well.

But I can't see the value in the SE sat to be perfectly frank.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There is a 100 seat guarantee on FT the same night. I think it is 500+35 or so, and probably around 2500+ runners. Again a big ask, but there you go. I hope to satellite into this and will probably pay into the Stars one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Yeah - the structure is really good. The field will be really mixed also - ranging from the best in the world to the worst in the world. Will be a tough 12 hr+ struggle in all probabillity and coming through a field of 7000 + would obv require you to run very well.

In fairness 90% of the players in the se will be blood type d for donkey.

LuckyLloyd wrote:

yes i think ur looking at between 6000/7000 runners for around 200 seats so ur prob getting around 30/1 ish...how many runners will the SE get tonight anyone know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

:D:D
    Best Quote ive heard yet

its 370$ 150 tickets gauranteed 2.5k starting and a half hour clock blinds start at 10/20 15/30 25/50 and so on...best value sat left to pay imo
    LuckyLloyd wrote:

Cheers Johnny and LLoyd.

I'm having trouble contacting web support on pokerstars. I need to register a new card with them as my last one was frauded and i have no money in my account. Everytime i click on the drop down menu frm the help bar, the program freezes and shuts down. has anyone got the contact address for stars support?

e mail support@pokerstars.com ther pretty quick at getting back to u 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Is this the first wsop sat in the SE?...If not did the last one generate two tickets?...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think there was only one ticket the last time, but I wasn't there so can't be 100% on it.

It's one package for every 34 buy - ins. And the structure will make it difficult to battle through them. I dunno. Still a tough prospect.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

that mean your not goin in ll

a-k-47 wrote:
    that mean your not goin in ll

I will not be adding value to the field I'm afraid - no.

Just got a text from Bottom Feeder. He was knocked out in 5th after flopping a set of 5s. Pushed all in and was called by a gutshot that hit for a 140k pot. €10k 1st prize, 1400 and 1000 for 2nd and 3rd AFAIK. Less than 50 runners in this tonight

Result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

Flushdraw wrote:
    Just got a text from Bottom Feeder. He was knocked out in 5th after flopping a set of 5s. Pushed all in and was called by a gutshot that hit for a 140k pot. €10k 1st prize, 1400 and 1000 for 2nd and 3rd AFAIK. Less than 50 runners in this tonight

!!!!called by a gutshot!!!! must have been eddie the eagle or chief. my guess is eddie, speaking from previous experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

Conor doyle chopped this heads up and won the remainder that was second place.

Flushdraw wrote:
    He was knocked out in 5th after flopping a set of 5s. Pushed all in and was called by a gutshot that hit for a 140k pot

Wes, when you read this. Unlucky pal. Blood type 'D' for donkey indeed.

mickste wrote:

Well done to Connor. He's surely due a deep run in one of these major events soon.

mickste wrote:

well done to him!! Who was the runner up?

• Advertisement

BuChan wrote:
    !!!!called by a gutshot!!!! must have been eddie the eagle or chief. my guess is eddie, speaking from previous experience :)

Neither played last night surprisingly!

Flushdraw wrote:
    Neither played last night surprisingly!

so i guess you took a brief hiatus from you poker break tony? reading this site 4 times a day in an effort to kill boredom isn't very successful for me :) how did you do in the tournament, did the break do you any good?

BuChan wrote:
    so i guess you took a brief hiatus from you poker break tony? reading this site 4 times a day in an effort to kill boredom isn't very successful for me :) how did you do in the tournament, did the break do you any good?

Yeah Eamonn, i decided to give the WSOP one last go at qualifying. I played very good cards until the break to get my 3.5k stack up to 12.5k then with the topup i'm on 17k and quite comfortable.

Then i had to let go of AK and QQ after raising with them preflop. Then i get Q8s in the BB. 2 limpers i check. Flop is 1097. I played this really badly. I check, cutoff bets 1200, i call. Turn is 3 giving me a flushdraw aswel. I check, Co bets 1200, i make it 4k. He calls. River is another 3. Really bad card because if he has a pair, i cant see him putting me on a hand that beats him but yet i still go ahead and bet5k. He thinks for ages and calls with K10.

I've 3k a few hands later. CO limps for 300, button limps, SB limps and i push with A6. CO goes over the top with 66 and thats all she wrote so apparently the break done me no good whatsoever lol!

Flushdraw wrote:
    Yeah Eamonn, i decided to give the WSOP one last go at qualifying. I played very good cards until the break to get my 3.5k stack up to 12.5k then with the topup i'm on 17k and quite comfortable.

Then i had to let go of AK and QQ after raising with them preflop. Then i get Q8s in the BB. 2 limpers i check. Flop is 1097. I played this really badly. I check, cutoff bets 1200, i call. Turn is 3 giving me a flushdraw aswel. I check, Co bets 1200, i make it 4k. He calls. River is another 3. Really bad card because if he has a pair, i cant see him putting me on a hand that beats him but yet i still go ahead and bet5k. He thinks for ages and calls with K10.

I've 3k a few hands later. CO limps for 300, button limps, SB limps and i push with A6. CO goes over the top with 66 and thats all she wrote so apparently the break done me no good whatsoever lol!

that sucks tony. luckily the wsop is on every year so not to worry.
    that river bet was a bit desperate, i'm sure you were mentally kissing those chips good bye as you tossed them in.
    i can't really criticise though, i'm as guilty (or more) than anyone when it comes to getting caught up in a bluff, ie the hand at the tournament league where you pushed over my river bet with J8.... the most comprehensively i've ever been outplayed, that was nuts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Wes, when you read this. Unlucky pal. Blood type 'D' for donkey indeed.

thanks Lloyd.... yeah down to last 5 and i am short stacked, average stack 50k, blinds 1500 & 3000 Ante 500, and I'm on 27k.....
    anyway I'm on the button and Connor [chip leader] raises it up to 12k i have AQ and ship it Connor has to call - he has A7, Q on the flop and i double up to about 65k...
    couple of hands later i get pocket 55's on the big blind [3k] the guy on the button raises to 12k and i just about have him covered [58k], to me he is looking to steal the blinds, there's 7k out to rob - I'm thinking of pushing just to take it there and then but just call to see a flop...
    flop is K 9 5 O
    i think for a little while then decide to check as i want this guy in here as the only draw out there is a gut shot, so he makes a weak bet of 11k and i insta say all in -
    he is in for 23k and has about 30k behind, anyway he thinks for about 5 min's then says call but "i need a 10" and turns over QJ o....:eek:
    and the turn brings the magic 10... sick sick sick all that for nothing

would anybody play that hand different....??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

ouch, thats pretty sick

ul Wes

• Advertisement

thanks Lloyd.... yeah down to last 5 and i am short stacked, average stack 50k, blinds 1500 & 3000 Ante 500, and I'm on 27k.....
    anyway I'm on the button and Connor [chip leader] raises it up to 12k i have AQ and ship it Connor has to call - he has A7, Q on the flop and i double up to about 65k...
    couple of hands later i get pocket 55's on the big blind [3k] the guy on the button raises to 12k and i just about have him covered [58k], to me he is looking to steal the blinds, there's 7k out to rob - I'm thinking of pushing just to take it there and then but just call to see a flop...
    flop is K 9 5 O
    i think for a little while then decide to check as i want this guy in here as the only draw out there is a gut shot, so he makes a weak bet of 11k and i insta say all in -
    he is in for 23k and has about 30k behind, anyway he thinks for about 5 min's then says call but "i need a 10" and turns over QJ o....:eek:

I just push the flop Wes. He'd probably call with a king becuase it would look like a stop n go. Very ul though because youre in good shape if you win that and its a sick call.

Flushdraw wrote:
    I just push the flop Wes. He'd probably call with a king becuase it would look like a stop n go. Very ul though because youre in good shape if you win that and its a sick call.

Tony to be honest i want him there as i couldn't see much of a danger on this board, even now knowing the result i'd probably play this the same 90% of the time - 5 handed, i feel im miles ahead....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Tony to be honest i want him there as i couldn't see much of a danger on this board, even now knowing the result i'd probably play this the same 90% of the time - 5 handed, i feel im miles ahead....

Unlucky Wes, It was a sick call on his behalf, and as you said yourself you wanted to keep him on the hook:( :(

You played it perfectly, just a horrible 10 appeared......

ul Wes

flop is K 9 5 O

vvvvvvul wes i dont play this hand any different at all once u c a flop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

vvvvvvul wes i dont play this hand any different at all once u c a flop

once youve decided to call pre flop to play it any other way is wrong

spoof I replied to that pm bud

so is the pre flop call a bad move 5 handed..?

so is the pre flop call a bad move 5 handed..?
    well it is and it isn't now u know he wouldnt have called....but on the flop you've got him drawing to 4 outs for all his chips.....what other position do u want to be in.....u done nothing wrong imo m8....just UL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

VVVVVVVVVVVVV ul Wes man. Sick sick sick. IMO you thought he was stealing ( you were right ). You hit your set and checked knowing there was only the 4 outs. You got your bet knowing it was weak and then pushed. Hand was played very well based on the fact you believed he was stealing and you had any real raising hand beat.

It was a sick call with absolutely fk all from your man( but i had outs now where have we all heard that )......

Again unlucky man

i did believe he was stealing hence why i was thinking of pushing pre flop but decided to see a flop...

Anyway you have to take the good with the bad and thanks for the advice lads....

[still licking wounds tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

i wouldnt have played it any diff wes

UL

what a sick call! a gut shot with 30k behind, how did the guy last that long?! i think i would have reraised preflop though since even if the guy is stealing the blinds he could easily (and usually will) have you in a 50/50 situation with 55, unless you hit a 5 it's tough hand to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

v unlucky Wes

it was pretty sick but am happy with how im playing over-all in tournies..... anyway thanks again lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

post flop is fine, why would you want to play it any differently? i may push pre flop though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement