Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

reinstall windows xp with cd but dont have the s/n code??

• 11-06-2007 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

my windows is basically riddled with viruses and i need to reinstall it. Now the problem is i have the CD but i dont seem to have the serial number. is there anything i can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Is it not on a sticker some where on the outside of the pc case? Possibly at the back?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Is a virus scan possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

is not my computer and whoever they bought it off removed the sticker from the cd cover. I tried running avg, spybot, etc but its still in bits. It needs a fresh install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

there is a program that will tell you the serial key number .download the program ,run the exe file ,it will tell you the current key number in use..i just have to remember what the name of program is and i'll write back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

alias123 wrote:
    there is a program that will tell you the serial key number .download the program ,run the exe file ,it will tell you the current key number in use..i just have to remember what the name of program is and i\'ll write back!
    http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

http://www.download.com/Windows-Product-Key-Viewer-Changer/3000-2094_4-10574740.html?tag=lst-0-1

here is one possible program - i cant remember the one i used ,bit i know it worked and was free :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you're able to boot into Windows, you can use the Magic JellyBean Keyfinder (google it) which will get all of your licence keys for you.

Write them down and reinstall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

works a treat cheers!

Advertisement