Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to meet 'datable' women folks?

• 11-06-2007 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I’m a regular visitor to the site and often read of people posting about where to meet women/men etc and the reason I’m posting now is that very same reason.
    I work long hours and as things stand my main interaction with women in a social situation is pubs/clubs.
    I lived in the states for a little while and found it way easier to meet people there, women seemed to be more approachable.
    Anyway, last weekend was a bit of the same old as in went out with single mates, had a laugh and ended up meeting an absolute randomer.
    The problem is the sort of woman I meet up with briefly, every few months is not the sort of woman I actually want to be involved with, and none of them are the type I would actually want to go out with.
    Admittedly some of it is my responsibility in terms of the sort of nightclubs I go to, and I’m usually with a few friends so it would look as if we’re out on the ‘pull’ but the reality is a little different for me, I’d actually like a girlfriend!
    I’ve been thinking about this whole thing a lot lately, realised I’ve been single for a bit too haven’t had a proper relationship in three years, in the meantime I’ve gone without three or four people for six weeks or so, but things never last that much longer.
    Are clubs/pubs our only ‘breeding’ grounds?!, or place people meet their girlfriends/boyfriends?
    I tried the online thing a few months back, without a picture due to well, the stigma of it. Met a woman who was absolutely 110% different to her profile, and apart from that there were not too many replies.
    So here I am, mid-20’s looking to liven things up, looking to meet a nice, normal woman who I can have a proper conversation with, and possibly go out with.
    So ladies and gents any ideas where/when/how to meet the sort of women I’d like to meet?
    Should I just take the plunge and put up a picture on a dating site, will it make much of a difference in terms of the amount of replies I get?
    Is the stigma still there with internet dating?
    ...and Do ‘normal’ women use dating sites?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not the George anyway, unless you're very curious...

I would say the usual, clubs, work taking an evening course that kind of thing.

The internet dating thing does work for more than you would imagine. I have two friends who have ended up in serious relationships through just that medium(one marriage). These blokes couldn't be more different. One is very shy, sheepish even and the other bloke has so many notches in his bedpost he's sleeping on splinters at this stage. BTW and funny enough, the shy bloke found a woman who most would consider to be the serious babe in all respects out of the two of them(and the other woman is no also ran). It does work for a lot of people. Hell I'd give it a try. What is there to lose?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The M.F.O. website is supposed to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Internet dating works.
    Normal women use date sites.

I think the stigma* is dying down and have actually met girls myself this way. They were just like the profiles and of course we did correspond for some time before meeting.

If you don't want to put up a pic, sure ok, but it won't help you at all.
    Note that it's a buyers market and they will approach you if you seem sound.

Who dares, wins eh?

*this in a country that still has matchmaking festivals, go figure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Is the stigma still there with internet dating?
    Do you care? If so, why?

It's funny, you claim that women in the states are more approachable, yet you yourself are guilty of the typical Irish "what will the neighbours say" stereotype.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The problem is the sort of woman I meet up with briefly, every few months is not the sort of woman I actually want to be involved with, and none of them are the type I would actually want to go out with.
    Admittedly some of it is my responsibility in terms of the sort of nightclubs I go to, and I’m usually with a few friends so it would look as if we’re out on the ‘pull’ but the reality is a little different for me, I’d actually like a girlfriend
    Jaysis, where do you go out? I'm the opposite, I'm interested in flings and not girlfriends, but all the girls I come across are so very Catholic and want a boyfriend and the big L. I go to places around Camden and Dawson St, and even in places like Legs I somehow manage to pick out them out. Swap?

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote:
    women in the states are more approachable
    They are if you have an Irish accent. That novelty does not work back in Éire though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Try signing up to a course, I did a Photography Course recently, and I was one of about 3 guys in a course of 20 women. Or take up a hobby, I have another mate doing the Brazilian Martial Art Capoeira in Cork, and he's one of 5 guys, it's mostly women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭LaVidaLoca

It's funny, you claim that women in the states are more approachable

They are. Vastly more.

With many Irish women you have to drunkenly insult each other for about an hour before displaying any affection. Im generally sitting there thinking "Either this woman hates me, or she fancies me arse"

In America (and most other countries), ladies know a few (admitedly cheesy) tricks to let you know.

Im never in doubt whether a girl is or is not interested in the U.S. - whereas in Ireland someone can tell me a week or so later "Oh that girl told me she thought you were cute." - And Im like "But she called me a prick and told me to **** off??!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Have used an internet dating site and have met a few 'normal' girls on there. We exchanged pictures before meeting and from what I could tell they didn't lie about anything or come across as weirdos. Had some fun dates, nothing serious but it's worth a shot anyway.

Maybe if you don't want to put a picture on the site you could email it to girls that you are chatting with. That way it's not up for all to see, it may help you get talking to more girls as anybody who doesn't at least offer to provide a picture is going to be viewed suspiciously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I know I don't even register female profiles WITHOUT a pic, and you see a lot of women who specificy that they will not respond to any ads without a picture. I'd put a picture up, sure what harm?

For all the BS people raise about anonymity on the 'net, any number of people could be raping pics of you taken with mobile phones or regular camera at any time of day on the city ctreets. Get over it and try something new.

Personally if I meet someone in a pub/club I don't have especially high expectation of them. usually it's impossible to talk to people, there's a lot of drunken tossers around and the whole ambience just escapes me.

Also, accept that if you want to have a gf you will have to tolerate a phenomenal amount of emotional BS from the word go. i have it on good authority that this usually lessens when they feel you've been "broken in".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

what dating sites are ye all using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

AngryBadger is clearly using www.flakybirds.ie

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

finbarrk wrote:
    The M.F.O. website is supposed to be good.
    The hawh? Whats the full name?

mike65 wrote:
    AngryBadger is clearly using www.flakybirds.ie

Mike.

Thats' the one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

Ya anyone know any good dating sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just google online dating ireland you'll get several.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ttaylor

I'm having a similar problem to you, and also find it difficult to meet people (i'm female btw)
    It's impossible - or at least -extreemly rare to meet anyone decent in a pub or club. I've also tried taking up new hobbies but so far nothing has worked!

I have been single for two years now and before that,i always had a boyfriend. You could always try the internet, i havn't done it yet but as the previous posters have said it does seem to work for some people. (I dont like the idea of my picture being posted on a dating site - shallow, i know)

I personally think there's too much of a 'social click' developing in Dublin that wasn't there before

Good luck with the search!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey ya, Was listening to Ray Darcy about 2 months ago..and a group of people at a wedding were discussing this..thought their idea made sense...Every weekend I go out too and still the same..start in one pub and keep movin on for the night. Anyway their suggestion was make a pub your local you'll more than likely cross paths with someone you really fancy again. Ok other option is pick a pub and stay there for the night..you ever find yourself doin a round of the bar and saying to your mate come on lets head on and on the way out you spot a potential on the way out or just on the way in..? The way they put it is if you stay in the one place for the night and someone there fancies you chances are you'll cross paths eventually rather than starting from scratch somewhere else..then again i always believed in fate but then just because you meet someone you really fancy says they will be your soulmate. At the end of the day just go out enjoy yourself and sure maybe ....I met my ex who I am still glad I met after headin from to a pub that you really would not to expect to meet someone..you can't define a certain pub as theeee place ..at the end of the day it would be really boring and kinda scary bein in the one place with the same intentions..enjoy the unexpected, sure it throws crap at you now and then but every now and then....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

LaVidaLoca wrote:
    Im never in doubt whether a girl is or is not interested in the U.S. - whereas in Ireland someone can tell me a week or so later "Oh that girl told me she thought you were cute." - And Im like "But she called me a prick and told me to **** off??!"

This made me laugh. It's very true. We are a strange country. A lot of the foreigners say Irish people never say what is really on their mind. This is very true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

I lived in the states for a little while and found it way easier to meet people there, women seemed to be more approachable.

Got to agree with this,im single for maybe 3years and dont get me wrong im not really that worried about it ,if a girlfriend oppurtunity came along id take it. but I have been in the states recently and it so easy to talk to girls they are so friendly , so when i came back to Ireland i decided to be the exact same and just generally talk to most girls you get the oppurtunity to in night.

what a mistake....i was ordering a drink at the bar and these two girls that I wouldnt have been intrested in stood beside me,eye contact was made and I started a conversation,very quickly I felt a bit awkward and their responses were not as friendly as I would of hoped.....well next thing one of the girls turned around very quickly and said why are u talking to us, i replied im just being nice while ordering my drink.....she replied something like well you shouldnt be..............so I left, now I would be told that I am a good looking guy but I doubt that I intimidated them..............
    but in general after that bit by bit I got out of the friendly way of talking to irish girls after multiple bitchy comments.
    dont worry dude it will happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Got to agree with this,im single for maybe 3years and dont get me wrong im not really that worried about it ,if a girlfriend oppurtunity came along id take it. but I have been in the states recently and it so easy to talk to girls they are so friendly , so when i came back to Ireland i decided to be the exact same and just generally talk to most girls you get the oppurtunity to in night.

what a mistake....i was ordering a drink at the bar and these two girls that I wouldnt have been intrested in stood beside me,eye contact was made and I started a conversation,very quickly I felt a bit awkward and their responses were not as friendly as I would of hoped.....well next thing one of the girls turned around very quickly and said why are u talking to us, i replied im just being nice while ordering my drink.....she replied something like well you shouldnt be..............so I left, now I would be told that I am a good looking guy but I doubt that I intimidated them..............
    but in general after that bit by bit I got out of the friendly way of talking to irish girls after multiple bitchy comments.
    dont worry dude it will happen

Do you find the same regardless what side of the city your on?

south/north or more importantly what part of the country your in?

South side women, pfft.

Nothsiders FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I'm a country bumpkin & i'd talk the hind legs of a stool!!!! :D

TBH, I haven't exactly been single for the last 11 years, so I'm never interested in a guy chatting me up, BUT that doesn't stop me from chatting to them & having a laugh.
    It's very sad if you feel you're too good to talk to someone & be rude.
    I always let them know that I'm in a relationship, but always chat away with them.
    Can be a pain in the @rse sometimes though when the other person is drunk & you can't get away from them, yet don't want to be rude.

Oh, & I'm Irish, it's just them there city folks you be talkin bout!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I think it's all how you approach them not how approachable they are. Irish guys seem more cocky with American girls (in my experience) because they think the accents are going to gonna work for them (which is kinda true).

Just talking crap or foced conversation won't work.
    Confidence (but not cockiness), honesty and humour are probably the universal traits you need.

A good line can help break the ice. "Does this cloth smell of chloroform" being one of the best I've seen used :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Oh, & I'm Irish, it's just them there city folks you be talkin bout!!!

I totally agree. I am a country lass too and would talk to the wall when out. I find men generally pretty chatty and hate to hear stories of these women who wont talk.... Maybe they have nothing interesting to say...

I do think the culchies are more friendly - no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

This made me laugh. It's very true. We are a strange country. A lot of the foreigners say Irish people never say what is really on their mind. This is very true.

Well I was just about to say 'I dont know about that, I always say what's on mine', but then I realised that I am regarded as something of an oddity because of it! lol

An interesting fact I only found out recently; Sigmund Freud reckoned the Irish were "Impervious to psychoanalysis". I laughed when I heard that.

LaVidaLoca; are you Irish? I can understand how Irish behaviour would be confusing to some people from other cultures, but I dont think there's any harm in the way we behave with eachother as I've never come across an Irish person who didnt 'get it', who couldnt decode the meaning behind what they were actually hearing.

And OP; I think joining a course is the best idea put forward so far. If you choose the course subject wisely you'll be able to manouvre yourself into being one of a handful of men in a group of a couple of dozen women! (then come back and tell us which of the women chasing you your going to go for! lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Some of my male mates have the same problem!

I'm quite happy to talk to any body in a bar. However I do find that sometimes men take it the wrong way and think just because you talk to them your up for it:mad: It drives me crazy..... and I don't think I give out the wrong signals - i'm just chatty and inquisitive. I like finding out about people.

Having said that, I think its easier to talk to people in local neighbourhood pubs rather in the larger city centre pubs.

I like going up to groups of women and say "Are you here all alone"?

seahorse wrote:
    I can understand how Irish behaviour would be confusing to some people from other cultures, but I dont think there's any harm in the way we behave with eachother as I've never come across an Irish person who didnt 'get it', who couldnt decode the meaning behind what they were actually hearing.

Have to disagree there, I'm irish and I find the behaviour of most irish women confounding beyond belief, all the more so because whenever I meet someone i'm careful not to lead anyone on or whatever, and yet the amount of headgames and general ****ology...the mind boggles. Never happens with the foreign ladies I have to see.

And here's a funny thing, when irish girls realise you know what they're doing, they start doing it even more, it's like they figure they're in too deep or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

I was in the states a few years ago and I was single and on the pull. I used to baffle american blokes with my irish flirting. Usually it would go something like this:

him: I love your green eyes.
    me: All the better to see you with my dear.
    him: ha ha yeah I love red riding hood.
    me:you love riding red hoods, is that some kind of fetish?
    him: huh, no I ment the story,of the little girl and the wolf in the woods.
    me: yeah I know I was only joking.
    him:you are so pretty when you smile.
    me: yeah im a pig.
    him: Oh my Gosh, no youre not, dont say that, youre beautiful.
    me: yeah I know im a Pretty Irish Girl...a pig.
    him: Oh I see... ha ha... a pig ...ha ha, you really are so beautiful though.
    Me (smiling a coy smile): ah would you feckoff youre full of crap.
    Him: oh ok so sorry for bothering you.
    me: huh.. oh shi*e... (shouting hysterically over the crowds) no dont go mr gorgeous man come back I was only joking, im sorry, Ill stop messin .. please dont go....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

needless to say I didnt hook up with any americans!!

ok so I go totally carried away there but yes huge differences between the aul foreigners and the oirish :D .

OP internet dating seems to be the way to go, I know people who use it, it seems fun and sure what have you got to lose. Other then that you should get a job in a big company and scout around there ... worked for me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'so Jotter, you wonder why someone would want to get away from you when you answer them like that? If that's your idea of funny... Are you not capable of conversing with someone who tries to talk to you? I know a lot of you think this carrying on and "having the craic" is hilarious but I just think it's retarded, you don't get that guff off girls that are easy to talk to.
    OP - it seems to me in Ireland, from my experience, the guys I know who basically go out and slag the sh*t out of girls and say nasty things and act Jack the Laddish are the ones who pull every time they go out. (un??)Fortunately I don't behave like this, therefore I was never one for picking up girls in bars! But there are other ways, you'll meet women in all kinds of situations.
    Internet dating is an option, but from my experience it's mostly ugly/fat girls on it, good looking girls have no need for it.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I can understand why Irish women give mixed signals. I have found that if you are in anyway nice to Irish men they think you are in love with them because they are not used to women being friendly or sober for that matter. :p

As my mother says "You know an Irish person really likes you when they start insulting you."

'so Jotter, you wonder why someone would want to get away from you when you answer them like that? .'

ah lighten up, I was taking the piss out of myself and other irish women there, I can totally understand why foreigners dont get it and it is a totally ridiculous way of going on (or retarded as you so elequently put it :rolleyes:) but Ive had plently of relationships in the past and am now settled so I must be doing something right :p

Granted theyve all been with irish men though :D

edited as I need to add that the girls I know who internet date - 3 of them in total - are all very good looking girls, 2 of them are size 8, the other is prob a 12 (certainly no fatties there) and 2 of them in particular are absolute stunners, one is an ex model in fact. Just bec youre single and using a new way to meet someone doesnt mean theres got to be something wrong with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Jotter wrote:
    the girls I know who internet date - 3 of them in total - are all very good looking girls, 2 of them are size 8, the other is prob a 12 (certainly no fatties there) and 2 of them in particular are absolute stunners, one is an ex model in fact. Just bec youre single and using a new way to meet someone doesnt mean theres got to be something wrong with you.

i'd really like to know why 2 stunners use internet dates to know decent people...
    I'm not sarcastic but a gorgeous girl shouldn't have any problem in meeting guys and understand which one is the nicest after a chat.
    are your friends concerned that a guy wants just to get laid with them? but the same can happen also throu an internet date...
    in my opinion, internet dating sites would be useless if many girls are more friendly when we guys try to approach them in a pub or club, because many of us are just interested in knowing each other (just as it would happen with email and messages in internet), but most of the time we are threated like sh*t for no reasons...while if i do the same in front of a computer i might have more chances....
    Please tell me why your friends like a cybernetic romance :)

I can understand why Irish women give mixed signals. I have found that if you are in anyway nice to Irish men they think you are in love with them because they are not used to women being friendly or sober for that matter. :p

As my mother says "You know an Irish person really likes you when they start insulting you."

In fairness Metro I'd like top read a post from you that doesn't startv with how youre a victim of the fact that heterosexual men like to have sex with women before I actually start taking you seriously.

Seriously, I realise you've (often) taken the opportunity to point out what **** you've dated, but surely that speasks more to your poor judgement of chacter than anything else???????

Just, it'd be nice to hear you posting something that wasn't, once again, filled with your textbook, AND OFTEN BASELESS< vitriolle toward men!!!!

I can understand why Irish women give mixed signals. I have found that if you are in anyway nice to Irish men they think you are in love with them because they are not used to women being friendly or sober for that matter.

Metro, I'll start doing more than just riollign my eyes at your responses when you start doing more than jsut spitting venom at anything men do.

Look, in a given lifetime the odds are a person will meet (at least) dozens of peopel who are not suitable partners.

Does that mean all of those people are veil twists??? No it doesn#'t! But whenever you hear anything even remotely bad about males (I suspect of ANY specieisd) yo9u're right in there with the venom, and the spite, adn teh BS.

Look OP, put your picture up, if you're really so anrrow0-minded that you think sopme crazy institution will swoop down and cast you fof to their forbidden institution for showing your visage oluine, then just lock all your dfoors, tar yourself, and stop worrying about any kind of relationswhip fauis oas

I'm so drunk i forgot my original pointl

I know it involved villifying Metrovelvet for beign aitter man-hating old wretch, but anyweay...

JKeep it real people....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Metro, I'll start doing more than just riollign my eyes at your responses when you start doing more than jsut spitting venom at anything men do.
    I love the way she tries to speak for all women. Honestly it's always advice through the eyes of someone who got screwed over. Your first post is nail on head. It's like reading Alanis Morisette lyrics.

Look OP, put your picture up, if you're really so anrrow0-minded that you think sopme crazy institution will swoop down and cast you fof to their forbidden institution for showing your visage oluine, then just lock all your dfoors, tar yourself, and stop worrying about any kind of relationswhip fauis oas

You know (and I'm sure I've posted this before), while *I* wouldn't do online dating, I wouldn't judge anyone else for doing it.

I think these days with everyone becoming so career focused that people have less time to interact and meet and less people marry young. Once people actually meet up before they start declaring love, I don't see how it's any worse than bars as a way to meet people. It's better imo.

Put up a picture.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

AngryBadger and psi
    If you have a problem with metros comments, report the post.
    I will not have this thread taken off topic, if you have something to say to her, take it to PM.
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Actually, doesn't that work the other way around? That is Irish men are stunned when 'women' are pleasent to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Thats what I meant. ^

It seems they are use to abuse. The question would be what makes women talk to them like that?

Given ABs comments to me, who obviously stumbled in home drunk and decided to lash out at me it would seem that perhaps abuse is just part of the culture?

[AB I find what you said to me completely unacceptable btw and please dont take your abusive, inappropriate drunken retarded comments to pm. Go to AA and get a life.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

From my own experience, I noticed that irish men think that if you are nice to them, you defo must "love" them, when most of the time, you are just being friendly!

This is just what I have noticed when I go out and get a bit drunk, a good example is... about 4 weeks ago I went out with the ppl in work we were somewhere near Grafton Street, and I was pushed by mistake into a guy who was behind me....I said sorry and must have said something else to him....cant rememebr what..... to which a few mins later I hear his friend say " ur woman likes you, she is chatting you up" I just turned around and I said " No, I was not hitting on you, i was just saying sorry for stepping on ur toes" they walked out 2 mins later....

why would u be stunned victor?

• Advertisement

Anna23 wrote:
    From my own experience, I noticed that irish men think that if you are nice to them, you defo must "love" them, when most of the time, you are just being friendly!

and when they think your just been friendly and treat you as such they're "playing with your head"

we can't win!

ok ntl, you are bringing in the whole "work situation" I got myself in, as ppl said I must have read the wrong thing from his dumb signals....ok so in a way with that was my fault, God I wish u could ask him what he really wants....

all I did was give an example.......nothing more

all I am saying is that the whole cat and mouse game should be left at home, and just be honest with each other, ok it might hurt ppl but at least you know where u stand with someone and u are not getting urself in a ridiculous situation like I did!

Anna23 wrote:
    ok ntl, you are bringing in the whole "work situation" I got myself in, as ppl said I must have read the wrong thing from his dumb signals....ok so in a way with that was my fault, God I wish u could ask him what he really wants....

all I did was give an example.......nothing more

all I am saying is that the whole cat and mouse game should be left at home, and just be honest with each other, ok it might hurt ppl but at least you know where u stand with someone and u are not getting urself in a ridiculous situation like I did!

wanna go for a drink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I totally agree with Victor . Meeting a woman in a club that is anyway friendly or chatty is so refreshing and rare that it can nearly give you hope lol

As for you Anna23 if a girl bumped into me by accident and apologised , some of my silly male friends would make a comment about you cracking on to me. It would be harmless banter amongest the lads (I do have some geek friends). The fact that you turned around and made the point " No, I was not hitting on you, i was just saying sorry for stepping on ur toes" says more about you and your ego than them.

Although having said that if you and your mates were directly beside them and they were harassing you about it then that's perfectly understandable.

I could hear his friend laughing his head off and making fun " oh shes hitting on you" of course I got offended as it was not true and yes I wanted to get my point across that I was not chatting him up, and can you explain to me what that says about my ego, as I am a bit lost here.

ntl bell.....I guess I could why not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Internet dating is an option, but from my experience it's mostly ugly/fat girls on it, good looking girls have no need for it.'

Im a good looking girl and I need it!

Just find it impossible to meet someone I have to say.

I joined 2 internet dating sites last night after a bit of thought, thought what the hell.

Ive loads of friends, good job, go to college at night, and do the odd bit of dj'ing but still i havent met anyone!
    Most of my friends are blokes, just havent met anyone where there's chemistry, and then if you do meet someone who gives you butterflies they have to like you back!

Anyway im hoping it works out well. Im 26 next month and just have no interest in random fleeting meetings.

Just from the way you stated it " No, I was not hitting on you, i was just saying sorry for stepping on ur toes" they walked out 2 mins later....

It was like you saying "..ya you wish" sally jessie style and talk to the hand lol
    Then feeling proud as punch that you had put these looser men in their place.

The funny thing is you directed your annoyance at the innocent guy you bumped into and not the idiot friend who was making the comments.(At least that's what it looks like from your post) .

But back on topic Myspace and other networking sites are great for meetin people. My friends were all pullin the pi$$ out of me for Internet dating until they saw/met some of the ladies I was dating :) they signed up the same night lol.

Blackpitts wrote:
    i'd really like to know why 2 stunners use internet dates to know decent people...
    I'm not sarcastic but a gorgeous girl shouldn't have any problem in meeting guys and understand which one is the nicest after a chat.
    are your friends concerned that a guy wants just to get laid with them? but the same can happen also throu an internet date...
    in my opinion, internet dating sites would be useless if many girls are more friendly when we guys try to approach them in a pub or club, because many of us are just interested in knowing each other (just as it would happen with email and messages in internet), but most of the time we are threated like sh*t for no reasons...while if i do the same in front of a computer i might have more chances....
    Please tell me why your friends like a cybernetic romance :)

They are single.....simple as that. Believe it or not gorgeous people can be single too :rolleyes:

Just bec they use internet dating doesnt mean they arent interested in guys they meet in pubs and clubs, or that they are rude to men who try chat them up. They are simply trying a new way of meeting people. Its called broadening your horizons!!!!

my last boyf I met in a bar and we went out for 2 yrs. My hubbie I met in work. One of my friends was chatting to a bloke on internet site and it turns out they met already at a surfing comp. People can meet their other half anywhere so why limit yourself to only pubs and clubs?? :)

What could be an interesting idea would be to organize a Boards beers for singles only between 25's-35's or something. I'm sure there's tones of people who'd be interested and could bring their single friends too.
    maybe get a thread going somewhere ?
    Then 5 years down the line have a boards mass marriage in Croker lol

Well in a way yes maybe I was trying to say "ya you wish" guess I understand where u are coming from....

• Advertisement
Advertisement