Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Creative Zen problem - Help!

• 11-06-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

My lovely new laptop has Windows Vista and I am very happy with it....mostly!

HOWEVER! - most of the drivers for periherals such as MP3, digital cameras etc are causing me huge grief :mad: Original CD drivers are not compatible and product websites are only half up to date with Vista drivers.

e.g. I have a Creative Zen Touch mp3 player and downloaded the drivers from the Creative site - no joy. Contacted them ad they advised that firmware on Zen needed to be updated which I did - this wiped it clean which is OK as I had everything backed up on work PC. Zen is now not recognised by my work XP as a result of upgrade. Vista recognises Zen when it is connected but searches for drivers and won't recognise those I have downloaded - and no reply from the Creative support since upgrade. So now, I am effectively zen-less.

I don't know if anyone can help, but if you can - Help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

hiya. I had the same problem with my Creative 20g touch. i was trying to
    install it on a new Dell PC with vista, and came across the same problem.
    But !!! Connected the player to the PC, and ran the Setup disk. Each time I did this, it crashed , But at a differant stage of the installation. So by try, number 6, I had the thing working !! This should not happen, but I am happy.
    It runs no problem now, on two differant Creative zen touch players.
    Give it a try, It might just work for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Thanks renmorescout - but I still have 2 problems....

1. I upgraded the firmware on the Zen so it doesn't relate back to the installtion CD anymore
    2. I can't find my installation CD!

Feck it anyway.

Advertisement