Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Arts Festival - August

Options
  • 12-06-2007 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Greystones Arts Festival is definitely on again this year - August bank holiday week-end. Was fantastic last year so delighted! Try not to miss it if you can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

thats great news - its its been very good the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Yes was really good last year. For anyone with children my 8 yr old was involved last year. Paid twenty euro and did a workshop during the week to make their own costumes and learn their performance then performed in the Parade. Really good fun and well worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

For all interested: -

Click on www.iea022.contentcollector.com/gaf/fest
    This is a snapshot of the Arts Festival this year.
    Do spread the word as there is some confusion about if on this year at all!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blueredyellow

MegFi wrote:
    Greystones Arts Festival is definitely on again this year - August bank holiday week-end. Was fantastic last year so delighted! Try not to miss it if you can.

I will def not miss it this year, it was brilliant last year. But do you know when the workshop registration is taking place?. I want to get the kids enroled. Also heard they were looking for adults for the parade - is that true?

Parade - yes adults too - contact Grainne on contact@greystonesartsfestival.com or mobile 086-8329686 for details. Think you have to fill out forms, etc, for Health & Safety statement, etc first.
    More volunteers always required to help where possible as the event is voluntary...and lots fun.

Workshops registration has just been arranged and most likely will be on 11-1pm on Sat, 30th June in Tescos Greystones. Some final details not finalised yet. Look at the link above and keep an eye for changes when final details decided.

;)

• Advertisement

INFO ON WORKSHOPS:

The Greystones Arts Festival will once again be taking place From Friday 3rd to Monday 6th August. As per normal we will be running a series of workshops in the following:

For Young People:
    Junior Stiltwalking - 10 years +
    Intermediate Stiltwalking – 13 years +
    Drumming –10 years +
    Belly Dancing – 13 years +
    Performance & Craft – 5 years +
    Hip Hop Dancing (Contact Christina Hughes 087 2266642)

For Adults:

Creative Writing
    Photography

For people with Special Needs:
    Imagination Gym
    Music Performance

Registration will take place on Saturday 30th June from 11 - 1pm in Tescoes Greystones. Workshops cost €20.00 per person. For more information visit our website www.greystonesartsfestival.com or call 086 8329686 / contact@greystonesartsfestival.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

MegFi wrote:
    Registration will take place on Saturday 30th June from 11 - 1pm in Tescoes Greystones. Workshops cost €20.00 per person. For more information visit our website www.greystonesartsfestival.com or call 086 8329686 / contact@greystonesartsfestival.com

Thread stickified for the time being as the registration date is near.

:D thanks Eoin!

All INFO now up t:cool: o date www.greystonesartsfestival.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Astrofluff and Birdwatcher, registration for Imagination Gym was Saturday, did you make it?
    MegFi wrote:

INFO ON WORKSHOPS:

The Greystones Arts Festival will once again be taking place From Friday 3rd to Monday 6th August. As per normal we will be running a series of workshops in the following:

For Young People:
    Junior Stiltwalking - 10 years +
    Intermediate Stiltwalking – 13 years +
    Drumming –10 years +
    Belly Dancing – 13 years +
    Performance & Craft – 5 years +
    Hip Hop Dancing (Contact Christina Hughes 087 2266642)

For Adults:

Creative Writing
    Photography

For people with Special Needs:
    Imagination Gym
    Music Performance

• Advertisement

Anyone who didn't make the registration, PM me and I will arrange as there are some spaces left.
    Volunteers needed, also participants for the Friday parade!!!
    It is all great fun.

Megfi

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭IANAL (hullaballoo's test a/c)

I've been involved in this (in some way) every year for the past 7 years, and the Greystones Arts Festival is a must-see!

(A peremptive) well-done to everyone involved this year. I don't recognise as many names as I normally would do this year, but I'm sure it will be as good, if not better. I presume that my misrecognisance stems from the fact that more Charlesland people are involved this year!? If so, thank you muchly for your participation in what has always been one of Greystones' most famous events.

I also hope everyone enjoys this year's festival as much as I have in the past.

Thanks for the good words, and I have to agree!!!

I got involved this year as the first year, as I moved back home to Greystones last year and was around for the festival and was soooooo impressed, I just wanted to get involved...now I am more impressed when i see what goes on!!! There is so much on and it takes so much work by a lot of people on the committee, also people help over the week-end. If anyone wants to get involved, we are now still looking for:
    - parade stewards! (few hours on the Fri night)
    - parade participants!...great fun - teenagers and adults...we supply the costumes!!!!!..just come to PArk and ride by Script at 7pm on the Friday of the bank hol w/end.
    ---few workshop places left to be filled!..will follow with details!

..and PLEASE spread the word!!!

I can be contacted on fteehan@eircom.net or 087-6888145

:rolleyes:

GREYSTONES ARTS FESTIVAL WORKSHOPS
    LAST REMAINING PLACES!

Photography Workshop:
    This workshop is hosted by renowned Local Photographer Jack Clark. A lecturer in photography in D.I.T. Dun Laoghaire, Jack will share his vast knowledge with the participants. Participants are encouraged to bring their own cameras. Following his hugely successful exhibition in the Burnaby Lounge entitled “Locals”; Jack will for two days share his vast knowledge and will offer expert advice and tips on Portraiture and landscape photography. Jack will show how to use all cameras, lighting equipment, etc and bring participants to local venue(s) such as Garden Centres, etc (weather permitting) to show how to use backdrops, etc…
    Date/Time: Thurs 2nd & Fri 3rd August - 10.30-12.30 both days
    Bring: any camera/s
    Cost: €30

Creative Writing Workshop – Unlock your creativity:
    Have you always wanted to write but don’t know where to start? This workshop will help to find the writer that’s within all of us but that too often remains unacknowledged and undeveloped. Using very effective methods of remembering and imagining, each participant will be encouraged to find their own strong, unique voice and tell the stories that only they can tell. This workshop is facilitated by Mary O’Brien (who writes the Simplex Crossword daily for the Irish Times) who has over 25 years experience in the media & health sector training creative writing.
    Experienced writers will also find the methods useful in unblocking creativity.
    Date/Time: Fri, 3rd August - 10.00-12.30
    Bring: nothing!
    Cost: €30
    Both WORKSHOPS suitable for teenagers and adults!

Drumming workshops – some spaces left!! (10 years +)

To book, contact Fiona – tel. 087-6888145 / 01-2872917
    or fteehan@eircom.net

www.greystonesartsfestival.com
    contact@greystonesartsfestival.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

just wanted to say the parade on Friday night was really excellent - congratulations to all involved. Much better than the St. Patrick's parade this year...

Didn't get to see much else of the festival but hope it all went well and will be back next year.
    (btw - was there a reason why there was no Air\Sea rescue demo this year?)

Yes, the reason was that the land sea rescue had been booked up already by Bray Festival for the bank holiday week-end. A solo air show was booked instead. Glad you enjoyed it all!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Great work once again this year. Well done to all involved.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Fireworks. The beach looked surreal with all the flashing red and blue lights and the darkening sky over the headland just added to it.

Thread unstuck until next year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 scivvy

Really enjoyed the festival. Well done to all involved.

Advertisement