Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari for Windows.

Options
  • 12-06-2007 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Cross-browser testing just got that little bit easier : Apple has released Safari for Windows XP and Vista.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

It's 'Public Beta' at the moment. Get it while it's hot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

It is damn fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ìts great on my mac but killing my pc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

It's absolutely amazing on the Mac; huge improvement over the old one. Haven't tried it on Windows, but I hear many people are having horrible problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

so far two crashes ... ran it three times .... both crashes were printing issues ...

it does feel different ... kinda shiny .. though so :) will probably keep on giving it a go until the final is released ...

Not sure how wise it is of apple to release betas though to a public who'll possibley judge them on it ... not too sure of their usual conduct with software .. but don't think they release betas that often ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

In case you missed it .. there's a "nice" security hole already:
    http://www.mneylon.com/blog/archives/2007/06/12/safari-on-windows-security-hole/

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Running this on Windows XP yields similar results to a Windows user running iTunes. Atrociously slow.

CuLT wrote:
    Running this on Windows XP yields similar results to a Windows user running iTunes. Atrociously slow.

iTunes runs extremely slow ... but safari is quite fast for me when its not crashing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Running amazingly fast for me on windows XP.

Quick qs

1. Where is the "new tab" button, don't like ctrl t or file drop down menu

2. hate having to select the url or having to click the apple button to select the whole url

3. ctrl and enter does not wrap http://www. and .com around whats typed .. could be a deal breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Got it to launch (you have to install it on the system drive :rolleyes: ), but nothing more. It attempts to load a site, fails (because of our firewall) and duly crashes. No toolbars, no menu bar, no title bar, no favourites. Just a blank window and an address bar that I can't click on.

I can't see anywhere to change its homepage.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    I can't see anywhere to change its homepage.

Edit -> Preferences ... and there you go :)

zod wrote:
    1. Where is the "new tab" button, don't like ctrl t or file drop down menu

CTRL click .. will open in a new tab ...
    Right Click ... open link in new tab ...

Hmm... never realised there was a button for this in firefox :)

Advertisement