Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to text using Nokia 6111

• 12-06-2007 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Ok, I recently came into possesion of an 02 registered Nokia 6111. Seeing as my old Vodafone 3310 had just died, I decided to use it.

I unlocked the 6111, and put in my rather old (circa 1999) Vodafone simcard. Basic functions work fine, except when trying to send texts.

I can recieve and make calls, recieve SMS texts, send and recieve MMSes.
    Everything, it appears, but send texts, which result in a little pop-up saying "Msg sending failed, sending not allowed"

I have checked the Vodafone message centre number, and it seems to be correct. I have tried to use a relatively new O2 sim in the phone, and it won't send texts either, as they result in a pop-up saying "Check info service"

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this situation, or if anyone could shed any kind of light on the matter.

Any help is much appreciated.

~KStolen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Your sim card is probably out of date. It happens with some of the older sim cards, that when they are in Nokias, they are unable to send texts. Pop into Vodafone and get a sim replacement. That should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KStolen

Cheers, I'll give them a ring this afternoon. Any idea whether the replacement sim is free of charge in this kinda case? I know they charge something like €25
    for one if its lost or damaged etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

For pay as you go the sim change is free. Just remember to save your phone numbers onto the phone beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KStolen

Excellent, rang Vodafone today, apparently sim cards below a certain size (mine's prob around 8-16KB) aren't compatible with the newer Nokia phones, so I'm getting it replaced for free.

Thanks to you guys for the input, twas really rather helpful.

Advertisement