Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TinyMCE

Options
  • 12-06-2007 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used TinyMCE before, i have the editor installed and working fine but when i try to display a message i have posted it comes up like below(Its ment to be a emotion of crying), i have the two JS lines of code added to the page! Any ideas?:
    \"Cry\"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

never used it ... but are the \'s meant to be there ... is there some configuration issue with stripslashes / addslashes somewhere ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Can you show us your TinyMCE config file? This may be of help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Can you show us your TinyMCE config file? This may be of help
    I just extracte dthe TinyMCE folder into my web directroy, added the editor to the page, when i post a message it wont display the post correctly!

This is what i have in the head of every page that is either an editor or displaying TinyMCE stuff! I was thinking it may have something to do with the - mode: "textareas", line!???
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    tinyMCE.init({
    	mode : "textareas",
    	theme : "advanced",
    	plugins : "style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras",
    	theme_advanced_buttons1 : "bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
    	theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,forecolor,iespell,emotions,|",
    	theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
    	theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
    	theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
    	extended_valid_elements : "a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]",
    	template_external_list_url : "example_template_list.js"
    });
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript">

Got it sorted! Thanks for the help. I used stripslashes from the variable returned and its working fine now. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Ziycon wrote:
    Got it sorted! Thanks for the help. I used stripslashes from the variable returned and its working fine now. Thanks.

cool thought it was something like that .. but haven't used tinyMCE before :) so I couldn't say for sure

installed it today to play with and it looks quite impressive for custom editors ...

Advertisement