Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flooring an attic- where to begin laying

• 12-06-2007 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm about to start flooring my attic, I have all the materials (the sheets, jigsaw, cordless screwdriver etc, knee pads etc.)

I have a fairly good idea of how to do it (stagger the boards for support) but am wondering if it's better to begin around the attic entrance or at the far wall. (The far wall seems easier but I could end up with a lof of cutting when I come to the attic entrance).

Any other bits of advice are appreciated.

Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've only done a little bit of this type of work dinneenp, but a good general rule for many things is never start in the middle, Pick a side to start and work your way over, this will leave you with some fluting around on the other side only, but if you start in the middle you may have a hard job at either side. it sounds like to have the right idea, also maybe the guys in the woodwork thread would help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

the only comment I would make on that Stoner is that you are more likely to be using the bit around the door and so I would prefer it to have less cuts and be stronger then the extremeties, which will probably not be used that much.

I know you store things in the corners but they dont get moved around or walked on like the main open space will.

Another question, how do you handle the gaps where the joist is covered by the roof trusses?

Advertisement