Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registering motor for NCT - Imported Quick Q

Options
  • 12-06-2007 10:08am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    I brought my motor in from UK last April (06), it was registered initially Nov 2002.
    Now I never got around to the NCT for various reasons so need to fire it in now.

Do you need to bring the car to the centre to get it put on the NCT computer or can someone bring in the car reg cert for you?

I presume they won't be too bothered about the fact the car is near 8 months over the NCT date?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is the car registered in Ireland? If so, book a date with the NCT (www.ncts.ie) - otherwise register/VRT it first and then sort out the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

if the car has the vrt paid and is now registered in ireland u have to bring the car to the NCT centre and fill up a form the NCT mechanic checks it and signs it. you then send it away and it will be put on the NCT system. You can then book your NCT about a week later

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks Eagle, yes all registered since last May.

Does that process take long, anyone actually know what time these heros open at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

You don't have to bring the car with you. I did this a couple of weeks ago for my mum's imported Micra. I was bringing my own car in for NCT and I brought the registration cert for her car with me and handed it to the woman in reception. She took a copy of it and gave it back to me. A couple of days later I went on line and booked a test for my mum's car. Job done.

I think most NCT centres are open from 8am, check the website to be sure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks Blastman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

Just wondered blastman how long did you get the cert for my daughter put hers though in may and got a nct till sept ( 4 months) as it goes by when they were first reg in uk or where ever and when they shoul of been tested here if there were here. Think it should go by when they are first registered in Ireland myself

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Yup... And you don't even have to go to an NCT centre... I rang up their central office and just had to fax my registration cert into them. Had to ring them up and make a booking a few days after though - it doesn't automatically get issued a booking in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

georgie59 wrote:
    Just wondered blastman how long did you get the cert for my daughter put hers though in may and got a nct till sept ( 4 months) as it goes by when they were first reg in uk or where ever and when they shoul of been tested here if there were here. Think it should go by when they are first registered in Ireland myself

Yup, that's the case unfortunately :( It goes on the anniversary ofthe first registration, regardless of where that is. You don't wanna deny them another little money spinner now do you? ;)

Surely the NCTS is linked to the National vehicle Register?

kbannon wrote:

This is Ireland Kbannon - the auld com fluter network does not stretch far enough? :D
    That wud put about 300 admin staff out of work doing that!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

kbannon wrote:
    Awww, bless you... :D

LOL
    They must be connected somehow though - they hardly import data monthly from the NVR?

kbannon wrote:
    LOL
    They must be connected somehow though - they hardly import data monthly from the NVR?

Shuush - Yip, I hear the weekly document wheelbarrow been pushed down the road to the people who check in the correct boxes, before it is wheeled down the road to be sure the car reg is corret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

Aw the wheel just fell of the said barrow, never mind maye someone will tell them about the circular wheel we now use.

Advertisement