Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Payroll Software

• 12-06-2007 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for advice on which payroll software to pick up?

I was looking at Sage Quickpay, it's nice and cheap but it's limited to 10 employees........I may not have more than that within a year but I'd rather not restrict myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Thanks very much, it looks very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Kenny 5 wrote:

I was looking at Sage Quickpay, it's nice and cheap but it's limited to 10 employees........I may not have more than that within a year but I'd rather not restrict myself.

Quickpay comes in three variations

Quickpay 3 - demo avail on sage.ie - only for 3 employees

Quickpay 10 - only for 10 employees

Quickpay PLus - 99 employees and also upto 26 companies free of charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Rafloution wrote:
    Quickpay comes in three variations

Quickpay 3 - demo avail on sage.ie - only for 3 employees

Quickpay 10 - only for 10 employees

Quickpay PLus - 99 employees and also upto 26 companies free of charge

Yes I understand that but the cost is a lot more and it looks like Thesaurus has unlimited employee allowance for all levels of product........I think that's what it says anyway :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I used to use Sage Quickpay, but you can only roll it forward (my version anyway) for 3 years before you HAVE to pay for support, which is costly.

I switched over to Thesaurus and find it grand. I was used to Quickpay, so it was a pain, but I refuse to pay the buggers for support I don't need!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭loodles

I use Sage Micropay and find it realy good. I have it for 26 employees and the cost isn't too great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

I use www.payback.ie for my payroll bureau - unlimited companies and unlimited employees and extremely reasonable on cost too.

I'd really recommend it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Blowback

Hi,
    I used Thesarus for many years (Since it started).Never had any problems with it.A good buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi, I have used Quickpay and Micropay and found them great. If you are using a sage or tas accounts package they link in to them too.
    The smallest quickpay is up to 10 employees and that includes starters and leavers but if you go above that you can upgrade to the quickpay plus(practically unlimited as you can have up to 26 companies with up to 99 employees in each one) or Micropay at any stage.
    You do have to pay support each year but thats only logical as they send you a year end pack and the new version each year which includes the budgetary changes and you get a years access to the help line. Most payroll products make you pay something each year as payroll goes out of date as soon as changes are made by the govt.
    theres a Sage helpline you can ring its freefone and they will talk to you about all the products and what they do.you can also download a quickpay demo on the website (well you could when I used it anyway!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Kenny 5 wrote:
    When doing your comparison be sure that you have factored in the mandatory support packages some vendors payroll/accounts vendors required you purchase to complete year end. Talk about leaving a bad taste in your mouth....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

You do have to pay support each year but thats only logical as they send you a year end pack and the new version each year which includes the budgetary changes and you get a years access to the help line. Most payroll products make you pay something each year as payroll goes out of date as soon as changes are made by the govt.

Maybe it's changed, but when my company paid for the SAGE support you still had to make manual changes after the budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GrumpyMike

HRPay 20 from Aquila Technology is on offer. The download is a 30-day trial so you can try it out before committing to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Coala

I worked on Thesaurus and 100% sure will stay with that. Very easy to use.

Advertisement