Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to convert 110 volts ac to 24v DC

Options
  • 12-06-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Ok i Need to convert 110 volts ac to 24v DC. I've been looking on net but can't find anything. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Do you mean 110 to 240?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Well he's saying AC to DC so I assume he knows what he's on about. Is this for use in a truck or bus or something? Maplin have "invertors" for converting 12V DC to 230V AC for use in cars - I dunno if they have 24V versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Well i know how to make one, from college, but where to buy i dunno. Maplins i imagine or someone like that. Whats it for, it would help. You could possibly use a pc power supply you'd be able to wire 2 12v outputs together in such way as to get 24 volts. I'll elaborate if you think it's suitable. try ie.farnell.com the have 230volt to 24v adapters.
    Where are you located that you need it to be 110v and what is it for, need to know for Current output.
    Also i think alot of chargers for things like laptops do this or other rechargable things. I dont think it would be too hard to find one.
    zilog i think the op wants to do it the other way an inverter wouldnt do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Wrong place for this kind of topic Dapos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement