Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris Hilton threads in AH

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

there only appears to be one thread on the first 3 pages (ok, it was a brief scan, im actually not too concerned over the amount of paris hilton threads on AH) so i guess the reports work.

now, are there any other life affecting actions the mods of AH can do for anyone?

for what its worth by the way, i have no issue with people reporting threads for moving. we can either move them, or we can ignore them. buts its always good to get a heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I found 2 Paris Hilton threads in the first seven pages of After Hours and decided to merge both of them. I also noticed one Parils Hilton thread was moved elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so wwman when I posted one thread on ah asking about aib internet banking, I get a sarky pm about how I should know about the banking/finance forum.. but paris hilton.. that's just hunky dory?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

DeVore wrote:
    That is the default message for reporting threads. Since I've never had to report a thread (why would I?) I've never seen it.

A little commonsense works wonders and in general the Report Thread option is for highlighting a thread for mod attention.

DeV.
    Seriously I didn't realise you could use if for other things. Bah now I'm going to have this lack of common sense label following me round :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

whiskeyman wrote:
    Guess that's really what I wanted to know. Was it that the mods saw them and let them be?

I made the point that any soccer or Dublin related thread is usually flamed within minutes and booted to it's relevant forum.
    However, these 4 threads have all stayed in AH, despite a newly opened Celeb & Showbiz forum to cater for such.

I remember there was a Dublin related thread in AH for some time don't know if it got moved in the end though. The OP said that loads of people in Britain loved Dublin and asked what people here thought of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Mordeth wrote:
    so wwman when I posted one thread on ah asking about aib internet banking, I get a sarky pm about how I should know about the banking/finance forum.. but paris hilton.. that's just hunky dory?
    The type of person who wants to discuss Paris Hilton probably wouldn't understand a sarky PM anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

now, are there any other life affecting actions the mods of AH can do for anyone?
    Yes pleeeeeez, do a Paris Hilton job on my Creationist Thread
    Or find me a good LOL cat I can use

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Mordeth wrote:

now, lets get this correct.
    you didnt post on a thread.

you started a thread. in fact, you start a lot of threads that should be in other forums, and i sent you a sarky pm telling you to quit doing it.

should i just ban you in future?

but, im not really sure what your point is here. people were complaining about the amount of PH threads on AH. I agreed that if people reported them for moving, then they should be moved.

and yes, youve been here long enough to at least check out of theres a forum where you can ask a relevant question. why do you have such an issue with it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hagar wrote:
    It's not fine really.

Regardless of whether it's the default vbulletin message or not, it's the message that the Admins have seen fit to leave as the definitive instruction to users of the report post function. I don't believe any mod has the authority to countermand a direct Admin instruction. If that message is not what the Admins intended, that is another matter entirely but one that is entirely up to the Admins. If they choose to change the instruction for any reason at any time then we are bound to comply with the new instruction. In the meantime it's not our place to second guess what they might mean when it's there in front of us in plain language.

Are you an Internet lawyer or something?

Advertisement