Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Keyed over the weekend

Options
  • 12-06-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi

As you can imagine I'm livid over this some scumbag keyed my car over the weekend.
    Anyway I want to get it fixed but have a couple of questions first.

The 3 panels on the car where done front door, passenger door and rear panel. I want to get it fixed as soon as possible.

I have done a search on boards and it looks like a respray is needed which would amount to 1500 which I'm not sure would be worth it. My car is 01 Seat Leon with 38K on the clock.

I really couldnt afford to hand over that amount of money. Does any one know some where on the North Side of Dublin who coud do this reasonably dosent have to be the most professional job in the world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

dirt birds, i feel for u- thats what stops me getting a decent car scum like that get that ur chassse number and get a can of spary pain- go over with that. thats what i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi,

Ok if I get the chassis number where would I get the spray don't really fancy doing it myself as I could make it worse.

Cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Carcraft (http://carcraft.ie/) will spray panels for about €160 per panel.

So I have 3 panels jees that is going to expensive any one know anybody cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

€ 160/panel IS cheap !!

Any cheaper and it will look worse than it does now !!

• Advertisement

Hi lads

Thanks for that can't believe some little Sh1t is going to cost me so much
    If anyone has any other suggestions I would be happy to hear them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

If you have comprehensive cover claim thru your insurance company. Just weigh up the price of your insurance due to claim against getting a proper proffesional spray done, may be cheaper to go the insurance route.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

get it buffed and polished and see what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Bad luck, Psy, where did it happen as a matter of interest?

Happened in Cork, Dublin Hill area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Can you not just get the colour of the paint and do it yourself? Wouldn't look amazing obviously but has anyone ever done that?

Sorry to hear about your car, scumbags1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I wouldnt recommend doing it yourself unless you have experience doing similar jobs and were happy with the outcome, if you make a balls of it there will be even more money needed to fix it. Spraying a car is a bitch even when the paint is a perfect match it's difficult to have the reprayed section blend in with the rest of the cars paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Sorry to hear about your car!It depends on how deep it is? I have often removed scratches from paint work using some rubbing compound and afterwards some car polish and wax.It takes alot of time but has gotten most small scratches from my car.Again it all depends on how deep they are?

Guys have uploaded the photo the scratch is deep and when I run my nail over it catch's on it so its deep.

Looks like car craf for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

colm_mcm wrote:
    get it buffed and polished and see what it looks like.

I dont think that will do anything to a deep scratch.Its not spending so much money on it.

Advertisement