Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband

Options
  • 12-06-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, Need some help please. Living in Sallins Kildare and need Wireless Broadband. Seem to have a choice of Ice / Clearwire and maybe Digiweb.

Can anyone who has experience of these please advise which to go for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've not used any personally, but I'd stay well clear of Clearwire. I know a few people who had it and it's barely a high speed internet service, not anywhere near a proper broadband service. Digiweb Metro seems a good product, just don't go over the cap. I've not heard much about Ice except a few unhappy customer comments here. Of those three, Digiweb would be my choice, if I had to make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 miztaken

hey..

from what i can gather your only option is really digiweb.. far better than clear wire.. ice, i wouldnt even go near..

good luck on the hunt.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

miztaken wrote:
    ice, i wouldnt even go near..

Rather than just a bland off hand comment why not explain your reasoning. Don't think they service Cork so what is your experience.

I've Ice 2mb home package and never had any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Hi, Need some help please. Living in Sallins Kildare and need Wireless Broadband. Seem to have a choice of Ice / Clearwire and maybe Digiweb.

Can anyone who has experience of these please advise which to go for?

Hi ya I live in D15 and we have ripwave which is pretty good. it's just like they say on the commercial broadband in a box. Brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

3g services and Meteors Edge services may very well be available too but you must be a Meteor customer on a "talk" tariff to get their 200kb service with 10gb data for €30 a month .

Try the €20 mobile BB package from 3 for 14 days . Better have it back in 13 days precisely if it does not work !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement