Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much should I be asking?

• 12-06-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I think I may be asking too much for my 360...how much do you's reckon I should ask...ad here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

It's unlikely that anyone will really want all the games you're offering so they'd be looking at the console, the extras and the few games they'd play. If they are only interested in one or 2 games of the 6 then it's not going to be competitive when compared to a shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

eve wrote:
    It's unlikely that anyone will really want all the games you're offering so they'd be looking at the console, the extras and the few games they'd play. If they are only interested in one or 2 games of the 6 then it's not going to be competitive when compared to a shop.

Thanks for your reply. How much is the Premium pack on its own with no games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

stephen p wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. How much is the Premium pack on its own with no games?

RRP is 400 or so, but these days for 400 everywhere gives you loads of free stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

I think you might be , i reckon those games are under 40 in the shops new , so expect 20 each 2nd hand 5 games =100 ( PGR is free )

Xbox new is 400 with 3 free games so 2nd hand expect 250 maybe 300 if you include all the extras .

thats 400 absolute max , and to tell the truth i wouldnt pay that for it . drop the price to 300 , i know its a sickener to buy a console and for it to be worthless after 7 months but thats the xbox for you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

anto1208 wrote:
    i know its a sickener to buy a console and for it to be worthless after 7 months but thats the xbox for you

... That's market economy for you ... It's the same if you buy a brand new car, and about 20% is gone off the price as soon as you drive it out of the dealers, as it is now second hand.

• Advertisement

... That's market economy for you ... It's the same if you buy a brand new car, and about 20% is gone off the price as soon as you drive it out of the dealers, as it is now second hand.

50% IF ITS A LEXUS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭dan_y

can't really put mint condition in the ad if it's been used at all. just a caveat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

anto1208 wrote:
    i know its a sickener to buy a console and for it to be worthless after 7 months but thats the xbox for you .

Have you ever said anything positive about the console on these boards... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

No he hasn't. I was waiting for someone else to pick up on it too.

that isnt a negative comment its just a fact you pay 800 odd euro for a console and 6 games and all those extra's and 7 months later you cant sell it for 1/2 the price . thats a sickener

Yea i have, i gone on about how good it is im just not dumb enough to blindly ignore its massive failing .and dont think its anywhere near the PS3 on any point . Both consoles now have a massive lack of games so much so i had to buy Forza 2 purely because of the lack of games , but it will be getting traded in again on friday because its so boring and offers nothing new .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Troll, tbh. Anto, that is.

anto1208 wrote:
    that isnt a negative comment its just a fact you pay 800 odd euro for a console and 6 games and all those extra's and 7 months later you cant sell it for 1/2 the price . thats a sickener

Yea i have, i gone on about how good it is im just not dumb enough to blindly ignore its massive failing .and dont think its anywhere near the PS3 on any point . Both consoles now have a massive lack of games so much so i had to buy Forza 2 purely because of the lack of games , but it will be getting traded in again on friday because its so boring and offers nothing new .

So you're saying that if someone was selling their PS3, that they won't experience the same sort of loss of value? What an idiot!

kensutz wrote:
    So you're saying that if someone was selling their PS3, that they won't experience the same sort of loss of value? What an idiot!

No thats not what im saying at all , I said A CONSOLE THAT COST 800 NOW WONT EVEN SELL FOR 400 . It could be any console the console is irrelevent its the loss of 400 euro in 7 months thats the sickener .

Thats the problem with you your so hell bent on protecting the xbox that you read something it tumbles around in your twisted fanboy brain and it turns it into a dig at the xbox , and then start calling names ( which by the way is a clear sign of knowing the other guy is right and you dont have a reasonable arguement )

My thoughts towards the consoles are impartial because I own BOTH! It's just your blatant fanboyism is annoying a lot of people and the majority of your posts in the xbox forum ends up just shooting it down.

kensutz wrote:
    My thoughts towards the consoles are impartial because I own BOTH! It's just your blatant fanboyism is annoying a lot of people and the majority of your posts in the xbox forum ends up just shooting it down.

No what happens is i list its good points and bad points your twisted fanboy brain only picks up on the bad one then i have a long arguement with people who ignore its massive failing in some attempt to claim its better than the PS3 .

Im no fan boy what ever the **** that means , i have eyes i can see the PS3 is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What happens is you take a shot at the Xbox every chance you get in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

anto1208 wrote:
    Im no fan boy what ever the **** that means , i have eyes i can see the PS3 is better

re-adjust your eyes buddy.

ps3 has a lot more gadgetry going on, and will be a more powerful console in years to come, but the companies who unlock that power are the same who unlocked the ps2's power. generally speaking, the 360 and ps3 are on level par (power-wise). ps3 is just a better overall package, but you're paying for that package.

either way, as it stands the 360 has a better catalogue of games, and that's the crux of ps3's problem right now. in the end, it's the games that matter, so whatever package the ps3 contains means nothing unless the games are there. that'll change at christmas of course. there'll be a proper debate over the games, their quality and the machines' respective power. right now though there isn't really a debate to be had

Ciaran500 wrote:
    What happens is you take a shot at the Xbox every chance you get in here.

No i dont the only times i give out about it is when someone asks what its like so i give them the good points and the bad points .then as ive allready said ye pick up on the bad points it turns into a long arguement that makes it seem liek im allways moaning about it , no one is going on about all the times ive been raving on here about ghost recon on it in my opinion the finest gaming give ever experienced , but that does nt fit your "anto hates xbox" posts

I just expect something i spent 400 euro on to be as good as it should be .

will be a more powerful console in years to come,

ps3 is just a better overall package, but you're paying for that package.

either way, as it stands the 360 has a better catalogue of games, and that's the crux of ps3's problem right now. in the end, it's the games that matter, so whatever package the ps3 contains means nothing unless the games are there. that'll change at christmas of course. there'll be a proper debate over the games, their quality and the machines' respective power. right now though there isn't really a debate to be had

So are you saying the PS3 is better ( which is what im saying ) but the games on the xbox not the actual xbox is whats better ?

If thats the case then are nt you agreeing with me ?

Hmm, lets have a look in this very thread.
    i know its a sickener to buy a console and for it to be worthless after 7 months but thats the xbox for you

Dig at the Xbox for no reason, all technology losses its value second hand.
    anto1208 wrote:
    So are you saying the PS3 is better ( which is what im saying ) but the games on the xbox not the actual xbox thats better?
    What he's saying is that the PS3 has more features and is potentially more powerful in certain devs hands but you pay extra for it. As it stands now and the way its looking for the future they are going to be on par for most games.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:

Strange that in a thread talking about selling an xbox id bring up being sickened selling an xbox and loosing your money

Yes your right i just pick out random threads that arent about selling xbox's and twist them around to fit my anti xbox propoganda

Ciaran500 wrote:

What he's saying is that the PS3 has more features and is potentially more powerful in certain devs hands but you pay extra for it. As it stands now and the way its looking for the future they are going to be on par for most games.

Yes you get what you pay for . PS3 more expensive but its better .being more expensive does nt allways mean better but in lots of cases it does

Wasnt it rumuored on here that Pro evo was allready at 19+ gb if thats the case the PS3 game could fit on a blue ray disk and play on the PS3 the xbox disks are only DVD 9 or 10 gb so it surely would be a watered down game .

anto1208 wrote:
    Yes your right i just pick out random threads that arent about selling xbox's and twist them around to fit my anti xbox propoganda

The first step is admitting it.
    But the point is you just come here to try and put as many people off buying an Xbox as possible. Stick to the Playstation forum if you love it so much - it is a great console. Just don't come here with your deconstructive fanboy ramblings. And as this thread proves, theres alot of people annoyed with your nonsense at this point in procedures.

The first step is admitting it.
    But the point is you just come here to try and put as many people off buying an Xbox as possible. Stick to the Playstation forum if you love it so much - it is a great console. Just don't come here with your deconstructive fanboy ramblings. And as this thread proves, theres alot of people annoyed with your nonsense at this point in procedures.

Jesus christ you couldnt have missed the point more if you tried , i didnt say anything bad about xbox on this thread all i did was say i felt sorry for some one who lost 400 euro in 7 months .

Ye xbox fans are so screwed in the head ye read one thing and it geos through this weird filter and ye spew out this nonsence

Go back through the thread show me one single negative comment i made about the xbox ?

Have a look ! see not one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

anto1208 wrote:
    Jesus christ you couldnt have missed the point more if you tried , i didnt say anything bad about xbox on this thread all i did was say i felt sorry for some one who lost 400 euro in 7 months .

Ye xbox fans are so screwed in the head ye read one thing and it geos through this weird filter and ye spew out this nonsence

Go back through the thread show me one single negative comment i made about the xbox ?

Have a look ! see not one

Haha, why would anyone want your opinion? You're clearly an idiot.

You implied that only the Xbox loses its value in this thread by the way you worded the sentence above and since the search is disabled I can't look back and find many other examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

well at least we didnt have to listen to him before April 07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

anto1208 wrote:
    So are you saying the PS3 is better ( which is what im saying ) but the games on the xbox not the actual xbox is whats better ?

:rolleyes: yeah that's exactly what i meant when i wrote "the 360 and ps3 are pretty much on par with each other".

what was that about some nonsense filter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

anto1208 wrote:
    Wasnt it rumuored on here that Pro evo was allready at 19+ gb if thats the case the PS3 game could fit on a blue ray disk and play on the PS3 the xbox disks are only DVD 9 or 10 gb so it surely would be a watered down game .

Dunno where ya heard this but I extremely doubt it mate, sounds like a PR spin to me, or playground rumours....

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You implied that only the Xbox loses its value in this thread by the way you worded the sentence above and since the search is disabled I can't look back and find many other examples.

the thread is only 2 pages long just read back up through it not one negative comment . how did i imply ONLY the xbox looses money with a statement like

I said A CONSOLE THAT COST 800 NOW WONT EVEN SELL FOR 400 . It could be any console the console is irrelevent

yea that implies only the xbox will loose money :rolleyes: :eek:

Advertisement