Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French higher level!!! how was it 4 u??

Options
  • 12-06-2007 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

well just finished there!! nd very happy wit the written paper neway!! nice comps nd da opinions were easily understood:D:D,,,but defo did really bad on da tape!!

but over all a very nice paper:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, wasn't a bad paper at all. Thought the comprehensions were a tad tricky, but I never really liked them anyway. The essay choice was good and a tad predictable for once. I thought the tape was pretty nice, though a lot of the others disagreed with me.

I'd say I got a C of some description out of it anyway. Whether the oral'll get me up to a high C, I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Thought it was fine: comprehensions were grand overall. Hopefully didn't drop much there. Written was a dream: using cars allowed me to talk about being ecological. The diary entry was easy and the fashion document I disagreed with it, said how I like fashion and how there are real problems such as alcohol and then talked about young people and alcohol for good bit and tied it up saying people should concentrate on real issues and not make up false ones. The aural was ok, some sections were a stroll, but I know I made a few mistakes. Overall hoping to emulate my A1 in the pre. We'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Yeah, written paper much nicer than usual, especially the literay extra
    ct. Aural wasn't too bad, just didn't understand a lot of the whole Civil service guy. Oh, and did anyone else get the country "Austria"?

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    ct. Aural wasn't too bad, just didn't understand a lot of the whole Civil service guy. Oh, and did anyone else get the country "Austria"?
    Yeah, I think that's it. I put down Russia meself, but when someone said Austria outside I knew I was wrong.

Same here, just couldn't grasp that guy. Only 2 marks for those though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Loved the paper. Thought comprehensions were topical and easy, opinion questions were stuff I had prepared, and aural was a cinch. Country was Austria all right. In the civic service thing, they got a driving licence, right? And what happened when the students went to Egypt?

EDIT Didier was so funny! I almost burst out laughing at his ANGEEEEERR

They retured transformed and it was very successful?
    Sweet I got the driving licence too and something about very good training also I am sure.

Yup, got that all right. I think they got driving licences, a small salary or they got preferential work experience with firemen or lifeguards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

That Q was something that would entice more people to do the civic service (or something to that effect)

Afaik it was; Offer them money, offer a driving licence, leads into jobs in the firefighters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Comprehensions were beautiful! The last question though: what do you learn about her personality or something, was funny. I'd love to read people's answers on that!

Tape was really easy.
    In the civic service thing, they got a driving licence, right? And what happened when the students went to Egypt?

Yeah. I wrote driving license and that they get money to go into the active world or something along those lines.

Egypt - I said they were competely changed by it and that the trip went very well.

Writing was okay. Did the question on cars and wrote about the damage it's causing to the environment and how it's bad for our society because we'll be living underwater, don't ask! Did three other questions but it's hard to tell how you did in the writing parts. You might have made little mistakes you couldn't see on the day but overall I'm happy.:D see!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Comprehensions were beautiful! The last question though: what do you learn about her personality or something, was funny. I'd love to read people's answers on that!
    In the Q6's you always just bs and support your bs with reference to the text, it's easy marks.

I thought the paper was very easy, comprehensions were simple and essays were accessable - I wrote about too many cars causing traffic problems and pollution, being pissed off with my parents not letting me go to England to watch a soccer match and then a rant about consumerism and young people being slaves to brand labels.

Listening was a bit harder.

Prob got a B1/2 in the written and a C in the listening, which I'm happy with. Hopefully a B overall, but it doesn't really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ehh whole thing was very fair.

Comprehensions were good for me, but hard to tell really
    Written went pretty well i think, except fashion one was a bit weird but got through it

Listening = 80/80...i thought it was mad easy.

You know what was gas aswell...the electricity one...your man at the start sounded like he was constipated

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thought that written paper went well. Comprehensions were easily understood, opinion essays were nice, was able to write more than the recommended on all.

Aural on the other hand wasnt so great. Only 40-50 marks I'd say. Still though, might just be able to scrap a B. Would have preferred a better aural, just to be secure. C1 it looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Ya I got Austria too, overall it was grand like...way easier than other years imo, comprehensions were ok and the Q's 6 were easy enough! The essays were fine too atleast we could understand what they were asking anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For that aural question, I heard "-ish", so I put down Polish.

Mushy wrote:
    For that aural question, I heard "-ish", so I put down Polish.

Your right but it was austrich...or something..maybe the bird..ostrich??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

I was delighted with it. Comprehensions were lovely and easy. There was a nice selection in the written, did the cars one, the diary entry and the fashion one.
    The aural was so good, got pretty much everything.. wasnt sure of one or two things on the civil service but i think i guessed correctly based on what other people got!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

They retured transformed and it was very successful?

Is this correct can anyone verify... really wanna know this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 sallyally

md99 wrote:

tink so dat wat i got neway:D

• Advertisement

I just said they really enjoyed it. Might scrape a couple of marks out of that answer.

What I heard was something like "Il était meritoire (sp?) et ils sont revenus tout transformés". Simplified, there was some irrelevant chatter in between. Just thinking back, what an easy question: the very last one in the aural "What was the weather forecast?" So many possibilties!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Diderot was had the most fantastic voice. Each time he said "Mais" at the start of his little speech I had to concentrate so very hard on not bursting out laughing. Other than that, listening was ok, didn't do as good as I hoped but not horribly.

The written was grand, not entirely sure on the roads one, thought the question was that driving is becoming as popular as walking? So I talked about health etc moreso than traffic etc. Comprehensions were grand, one or two questions I wasn't sure about but otherwise fairly easy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

for that last question on listening, was it 12 degrees or 12-30 degrees for temperature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

md99 wrote:

did they not mention something about them being nervous??

overall, it was a very fair paper, i did very well considering i did no study... I did the question on the cars/public transport, the reality tv one and the E.U one.. haha i took up half a page by naming out all the 27 countries :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

twas easy out!! went over da comprehensions with my french teacher after, fantastic...listening was grand, altho section 4 was a bit tricky..and essays understandable and lots 2 write about!

Did anyone else nearly get lost in the listening the way da paper was folded??!! section 4 was straight after section 1, i was gettin very confused!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

md99, the Belgian guy in my class said he got that, so I'd trust it. The only one I didn't get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 qwertykeyboards

aw no i put down kenya for the country where those drugs came from on the tape! and then some people copied me!

Shox wrote:
    for that last question on listening, was it 12 degrees or 12-30 degrees for temperature

Temperatures were either above or below 12 degrees. Can't remember which.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I put down that it wouldn't go above 12 degrees.... And I got Austria too. Tape was a dream come true, imo. I could actually understand them... Essays and comprehensions were good too, I thought. Nothing too difficult, except that about Maxellende's (sp?) personality. I hadn't a clue, so I just talked for a bit about her adaptions to change and her feelings on the cinema etc. Hoping to bring my 83% in the Pre up to an A...

Advertisement