Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French higher level!!! how was it 4 u??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Loved the comprehensions, full marks there hopefully. I did the pride of area first question, that was great, then the diary, grand as well. Did fashion thing, that was alright. Loved the tape, only one blank there, and one half mistake. oral wasn't great, so I reckon a B2. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Shox wrote:
    for that last question on listening, was it 12 degrees or 12-30 degrees for temperature

temperatures won't exceed 12 degrees

alternative answers:

there will be a risk of showers
    overcast/sky will be covered

Seinas wrote:
    did they not mention something about them being nervous??

Nope.. I think the adjective they used was 'merry' in English ??? Anyone know? As in, they got on merrily... lol

I heard that they were totally transformed when they returned, too, crossed it out though... coz it did ask how the trip went, or whatever, as opposed to the after effects... :o ya never know what way the correctors will swing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

The tape said Austriche, which is french for austria i think

The tape said Austriche, which is french for austria i think

t'is.... hold tight and i'l compile a post mortem to set our nerves at ease....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Assez Bien

Thought it was one of the nicest french papers they've ever given compared to some of the one's i was practicing this morning!!

Weather question was will not exceed 12 degrees n will be slightly overcast n cloudy i tink! Didier question was so funny!

Does anyone think that the first 2 sections should only be played twice like i found myself getting bored and losing my attention span!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 originalcupcake

i thought it was risk of storms..they mentioned something about 'averse'..so i said that, i also said wont exceed 12 degrees.., ya didier one was hilarious..the accents were so pronounced like...:D

i thought it was risk of storms..they mentioned something about 'averse'..so i said that, i also said wont exceed 12 degrees.., ya didier one was hilarious..the accents were so pronounced like...:D

aye, averses is showers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Does anyone think that the first 2 sections should only be played twice like i found myself getting bored and losing my attention span!
    NOOOOO!!!!! think of all us "hopeless at listening" people!!!!
    actually the listening wasnt too bad,the comprehensions were okay and i did a good-ish oral where i got a "mon dieu" out of my examiner (always a good sign:D)
    what let me down big time was the written production.i have no idea how many mistakes i made,but it was probably a lot.i wrote about reality tv and it was shocking!!i had no vocab whatsoever...i used the word "participants" about 10 times!
    the letter i didnt know the word for "lifT" so i wrote "l'elevateur"!!
    and i did the one about cars,but loads of mistakes......
    maybe a B2, a B1 if im lucky.its grand,but i would have hoped for a little better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Assez Bien wrote:
    Your username is Assez Bien, shut up! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Didier is my hero!!He sounded sooo sexy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh that Didier....he showed Monsieur Chartier by storming out. That'll teach him...forcing Didier to work Friday nights and a big match on in 15 days! tut tut.

Anyone get what happened when the firefighters arrived in Rouen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

There was no more light, and the lift in poor Daniel's apartment stopped working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

I did shag all study for this one and I thought it was a fair enough paper.

Comprehensions were grand, did the composition about being proud of your area, the one about reality TV, and the one about our standard of life being high.

Aural I was happy with, but I missed a couple of things here or there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

cson wrote:
    Oh that Didier....he showed Monsieur Chartier by storming out. That'll teach him...forcing Didier to work Friday nights and a big match on in 15 days! tut tut.
    He slammed the door shut, I think it said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I said they put out the fire in half an hour and that the lift in the guys flat was broken..That whole comprehension was weird. For the annoyed guy, I said he lost two hours of business due to the electricity being gone and the not-annoyed guy, that he was able to preserve his fish without electricity and sell his fresh produce as normal...and that the Mayor explained the situation to the market businessmen? Gotta love Didier <3 And his walkover girlfriend "Oh no Dider, that was not reasonable..". Her voice was all meek next to HARDCORE Didier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Selphie wrote:
    There was no more light, and the lift in poor Daniel's apartment stopped working.
    OOOOHHHHH, the lift.....

I was like, "the appartment stopped working... what?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I said didier kicked in the door.

Advertisement