Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French - C'est Ca!

Options
  • 12-06-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

Well that French exam went pretty well. Imo one of the easiest papers in years. Talk about being proud of your area, a diary about not being allowed to go to a match, fashion.....pretty easy.

The comps were a bit tricky but definitely easier than other years.

The listening......the listening.....the easiest I have ever done. It was way easier (again) than other years. That Didier is such a bitch :p

Anyway, thankful I don't ever have to do french again.

Edit: Just after seeing the other thread. *puts on business hat in preparation for tomorrow* perhaps I could suggest a merger if a mod would be as kind?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Pass french was rotten.

They have been dumbing down the course for the past 5 years but then slap bang 2007 they ask **** things of us again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Pass French? I went in expecting to fail, I didn't even care ('cause I'm a waster and all and anyways) but I came out with a C I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

lmao @ Didier... that guys got issues.

Reading: Harder than usual standard, they wanted a lot less direct quoting (Relevez..Citez..) than they look for usually... and a little more manipulation. They were okay though, just hard to tell if I'm right or not... loved the second one on inventions.

Writing: Nice enough... loved the formal letter, did the Q1 on people using their cars too much over public transport/walking and its effects...which is great because this is what I'm always preaching anyway. and the Big Brother/Loft Story Q was pretty nice too.... I probably wrote way too much on all of them, but whatever....

Listening: Delightfully slow and easy, n'est pas? Was expecting the 'hard' section and it didn't seem to come. Am I to take it it was Section II?

Overall... praying for the A! Dunno if it'll come true or not though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Thought the higher level exam was the easiest it has been in years! Reading was a bit challenging. They seemed to want manipulation of the text rather than just direct quoting! But I have always felt that that should have always been the case. Composition was quite simple. Very easy questions...very open. Listening was a dream. Was so much easier than usual. Was it me or were they speaking much slower than usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I found it fairly easy, my grammar was terrible in some palces though. Ihave to say very open ended questions, they have been getting like that more and more often now. For example the one about the two tickets, I simply talked about how i was sad not to go, then talked about exam pressures for 3/4 of a page and how much I hated them!

The one about fashion was open as well, you simply had to offer your opinion, so i gave a big load of BS about fashion in todays society, and the impacts it has on womens health [like two lines, but still :p] and then went into slavery in the fashion industry. Hope that doesn't screw me over, it was a natural progression as I wrote. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement