Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnosis in Cork

Options
  • 12-06-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can go for hypnosis to stop smoking? Any recommendations or advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Blackrocks

Hi
    have tried hypnotherapy.. useless!! would love to know if there is HYPNOSIS the real thing.. anywhere in Munster??
    PLEASE HELP
    I KNOW its sad - but im sure its gotta be out there somewhere>?? anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Munster Fan

I stopped over a year ago
    Hypnotherapy is Excellent if you want to stop smoking.
    I went to see John Cantwell on Oliver Plunkett Street.
    He has got a very good programme and knows what he’s doing.
    His website is www.hypnotist.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

hypnosis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Tried hypnosis a year ago. This fella with all sorts of hypnology qualifications droned on for about 40 minutes. After 20 minutes I was bored out of my tree and wondering when anything would happen even though I was trying to be open minded and did everything I was told. I left feeling like I could murder a smoke. Hypnosis and NLP are a complete waste of time (and a lot a money).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Anyone know the price range for hypnosis? Is it around the €200 or €300

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Thanks for that detailed reply accesshyp!!
    I went on John Cantwells website and Ill probably go to hime in the coming weeks. The mai thing is I really cant imagine living without ciggies....must break the routine of it!
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Paul Dee

Macca07 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can go for hypnosis to stop smoking? Any recommendations or advice appreciated.

Hi Macca07,
    Be careful which hypnotist you choose to assist you in becoming free from the habit. In your own job you will be aware of those that are competent and those not so. Same goes for hypnotists!

Be careful if they claim afffiliation to an association. Associations tend to be self regulatory. There is safety in numbers. Make sure your therapist is not insecure.

Does S/he get results?

If the hypnotist does not offer a free introductory consultation forget it!

If the hypnotist asks for a lump sum up-front, it's not your well being they're interested in... it's your money!

Hypnosis IS a very powerful tool. So is a hammer! It's how you use it that matters.

Regerds,

Paul Dee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm a qualified hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner and thought I'd give an opinion. Don't use hypnotherapists, use NLP. Much quicker and easier.

(And no, I don't practice in either any more.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Paul Dee

Confab wrote: »
    I'm a qualified hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner and thought I'd give an opinion. Don't use hypnotherapists, use NLP. Much quicker and easier.

(And no, I don't practice in either any more.)

Hi Confab,
    Great to hear from you. NLP and hypnotherapy can be lumped in the same basket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement