Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3G Options?

• 12-06-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

What are the 3G options in this country at the moment? I was thinking about 3 but from the looks of some of the posts on this forum I'd be better off with a bit of string and two tin cans.

What I'd really like is a phone that I can browse the web with and possible use as a wireless modem for my laptop. I remember doing something like this years ago with a Siemens phone and a PDA but it was just a slow WAP connection. I'd like something a bit speedier now :)

Anyone know what my options are these day?

Are vodafone/meteor/02 doing anything in the 3G market?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you could get one of the 3G phones on O2 and use it on the web and for your laptop etc without issue, same with Vodafone.

Meteor dont have 3G yet thouhg, however they do have EDGE which will generally be about 50-70% the speed of 3G ( not HSDPA though which is about 8 times faster than 3G )

GOod luck :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Vodafone if you want mobile tv and video calling. Otherwise choose either Vodafone or O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

however O2 are trialing mobile TV services at the moment, so they are on the way eventually, no idea when though lol

Advertisement