Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XDA Mini-S Touchscreen

• 12-06-2007 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Hi i had this problem before and was able to sort it out with a hard reset. But the problem came back and this time the reset didn't work.

Basically the touchscreen stopped responding to touch so i could not enter anything on the screen.

Nothing that I'm aware of happened to the phone (not dropped etc) so I'm wondering if it happened to anyone else? If so what did you do?

Also is there a reputable place in Dublin that would be able to look at the phone and fix it should it need a new screen?

I bought this phone secondhand so as far as I'm aware I've no warranty with O2

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Celticfire wrote:
    Basically the touchscreen stopped responding to touch so i could not enter anything on the screen.

Did the buttons stop responding?

I had a similar problem with my XDA Atom only last week. The screen stopped responding, but it turned out to be an obscure problem with the calendar, which led to it consuming 100% CPU, therefore nothing responded.

Have you taken out the battery and then performed a soft reset?

I downloaded Task Manager and it briefly showed what was consuming 100% CPU, so I was able to kill it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

I've done a hard reset so all info and programs should be stopped. I can't calibrate the screen on startup now as it's not responding to touch at all. :mad:

I never even thought that something like that might be the problem. Thanks Tom

Advertisement