Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Annoying Exam Hall Twats

Options
  • 12-06-2007 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

Right the people in the exam hall that just make a bit too much noise during the exams, any of you have these in your exam halls?

In mine I hate to say it but it's probably me! I was squeezing a chewing gum out of the packet today and it flew across the room, and then I started laughing to myself. I'm sure it pissed everyone off!

And during the Geo exam a guy beside me had a calculator that made a beep noise with every touch, arghhh!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

ohh your right...doing the listening...2 chaps start shaking there legss...then one for some reason starts shaking his hand...maybe he was thinking of a woman or something :P then at the end of French like 10 mins to go..one guy gets up...doesnt just leave his chair..pushes it slowly in, scrapping the floor and making so much noise...then hes smiling to himself...bast***

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Ha!!

I was drinking out of a bottle, and made the loudest sound possible (between the cracking of the bottle and the farting noise my lips made when the air rushed into the bottle). I'd say that annoyed a lot of people in my exam hall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

My pens and stuff keep falling off the table I'd say the girls are getting a bit pissed off at this stage but other than that there is no one doing anything annoying except the f*cking supervisor OMG she's a lovely woman and all but I am going to scream at her if she doesn't stop pacing up and down in 6 inch heels everyday - its a wooden floor and there's literally a big bang everytime she takes a step, during maths paper 2 the other day she was pacing continuously I thought I was going to crack!!!:mad: I know it's her job to watch us but like maybe she could wear flats next time and avoid us the torture!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

I think I am going to stab my supervisor with my pen before the LC ends! He has these heavy shoes with rather large heels and he stomps up and down the wooden floor! I was so close to throwing my calculator at him yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭persian

I could'nt stop laughing when I heard Didier in the french aural...got some mean looks :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

our examiner/superviser person is addicted to sweets, mainly werthers original and lemon bonbons... with noisey unwrapping!!

another examiner's phone ringtone went off.

the girl beside me is always rubbin her legs together and that's annoyin!! and some day i'm gonna snap ,and pull her head off and perhaps then there'll be silence in the hall...

people are always eating sweets really slownly thinking they're quiet but i can always hear the plastic and i'd prefer if they just ate the damn sweet fast!!!

people are constantly dropping pens and rubberss which role around the place.

some one scared the **** out of me when they dropped their (very heavy) watch..

And lastly WHY OH WHY does everyone rattle their pens and papers JUST as the beep in the listening thing goes off and it starts!!!! UGH it's so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

But other than that it's grand....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Does anyone else just put their heads down and become oblivious to anything else around them for 2 and a half to three hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

haha, our supervisors phone went off durin irish paper 2,and it was at the bottom of her bag, she couldnt find it 4 ages..she was saying sorry for a good 5 mins..

Theres one guy thats always farting,its kinda funny tho, he just sits there smiling 2 himself, as we all look at him in disbelief..haha:D ..

And, christ, i dunno if anyone else has this problem, but theres a f**king crow outside the window every f**king day, id love 2 shoot him.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, ya do notice the smallest wee noises in the exam hall. The examiners' whispering's bloody annoying too. Pain in the ass too when the Leaving and Junior Cert timetables differ and they come in numbers halfways through an exam.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Does anyone else just put their heads down and become oblivious to anything else around them for 2 and a half to three hours?

I'd love to... but i really can't with the noisy idiot beside me..:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Count yourselves lucky, there are apartments being build about 50 yards down the road from our school, you can hear all the heavy machinery and all the trucks dumping rocks and stuff, its so loud! and we have to have the windows open because of the heat!

and dont forget the knacker girl school around the corner from us, there always finished about 5 minutes into the exam and they start wailing and screamin outside our school!!!! gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

My phone went off today during the listenting, the sap started it early and I didn't realise! Luckily it was during a quiet section and he just smiled and laughed. :eek: [I had an alarm set to make sure i was in there, then forgot to turn it off, os it was my fault, but still! :p]

... knacker girl school...

the worst kind of girl school..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jc 2K3 wrote:

Exactly. Only time I'd look up is when a pen or something falls off a desk(really small one). Although yesterday, a lads big metal ruler fell. Why do you need a big massive metal ruler? I always look up a lot, but its never cos of noise, I just get on with it.

The worst have to be the JC people...they actually think their exams are important, so start roaring and shouting when they come out. They'll cop on sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

and dont forget the knacker girl school around the corner from us, there always finished about 5 minutes into the exam and they start wailing and screamin outside our school!!!! gah!

HAHA!! Love it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

JC 2K3 wrote:

Same, I look around and stuff. Noise doesn't exactly distract me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

My class is very quiet. I dont kno how the examiner does it but u cant hear a thing when he eats his biscuits!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doria gray

JC 2K3 wrote:

Yep i have to sort of psych myself before the exam, but then im in my own little world, except for the end of biology today when the examiner started eating a biscuit and i could seriously hear every crunch and she knew i could hear and i knew i could hear (we grew closer in that moment) :D i had to shove my fist into my mouth to hide my laughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Mushy wrote:
    Only time I'd look up is when a pen or something falls off a desk(really small one). Although yesterday, a lads big metal ruler fell. Why do you need a big massive metal ruler?

Ya see it's all about size, he needs a big hard ruler to feel confident for the exams.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The examiners table is right above a few steps next to my table. And she chews really methodically, it gets veryyy annoying. Smell of her coffee too, bleurghh. A few cawing crows, and during Irish, all the pass people who left early made ****loads of noise when they came back for the listening. Nothing much apart from that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

im right infront of our examiner too ( "John" :D ) and he whispers away to himself but he makes a whistling noise when he speaks , its hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I'd say myself. I'm really sick atm and keep coughing and sneezing and sniffling. I keep chugging water and shoving cough sweets in my mouth to try stop it. I thought I was grand on Monday but it came back that morning. Ick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Assez Bien

Our hall is so noisy, its below our canteen so every 15 mins all you can hear is the whizzing of the fridge and this goes on for like 5 mins......frightened d **** outta me 2day cuz i was day dreaming.

Our woman examiner paces up and down my row for every exam and i'm seriously gonna cut her legs off cuz as she walks her ankles crack....she's old tho so she won't miss them much........she farted 2day tho i was lik ewww and i looked across 2 one of d girls n i jus burst out laughin, d examiner was soooo embarrassed.

Then there's the 5th yr outside the door who has her ipod blaring 2day.......i think it was 7 times she played 'chasing cars', like i love the sing but serioiusly is it the only song on it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Lol, we're not in a hall, just rooms so there's like 15-20 of us in the room. I also just kinda focus on the exam and nothing else... except during the listening when my friend kept twirling his pen and I wanted to punch him in the face haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

alancork wrote:
    And, christ, i dunno if anyone else has this problem, but theres a f**king crow outside the window every f**king day, id love 2 shoot him.:eek:

:D ahahahaha yes! Constant consistent ''BA-CAAAAWWW's'' every single day. Then the rare owl noise, I p*ss myself.

Our examiner is really tight pudgy faced and looks like a Charlaton dog :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

im convinced my school is in a flight path! never in the 6 years there has a plane gone over but jesus its like an airport now! and pigeons...so many pigeons...and my god, my best friend sits behind me and god knows i love her but my jesus she like does everythin in pencil and then writes over it in pen and then rubs out all the pencil!!!!!! in the noisiest possible way!!! christ almighty i want to throw somethin at her... and also the bathroom people! there's actually a queue for the bathroom during the exams cos everyone feels like goin at the same time! its wonderful fun! :D god thats alot of complaints isnt it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powerofone

persian wrote:
    I could'nt stop laughing when I heard Didier in the french aural...got some mean looks :(

That was f. uckin hilarious!!! I was still laughin in Biology!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eddie Ere wrote:
    Our examiner is really tight pudgy faced and looks like a Charlaton dog

If he has a moustache, and is from Cork, thats my French oral examiner dude. Seems an accurate description:D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

you think all yers is bad? our school is gettin an extension and the BEEP BEEP BEEP of the machinery ALL DAY... and then theyr dropping things like sheets of metal..... and one day, they had the radio on full blast and were singing to dani caliornia!:L:L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

It was annoying me when the OLers started leaving Maths Paper 2 like an hour before the end. One by one, they clasped their pens, pencils, and calculators, zipped up their pencil cases, and shuffled out. Head wrecking.

And then today during Biology the supervisor was annoying the ****e out of me by walking past me every 2 seconds and talking to other people.

Advertisement