Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delete List of Words From Dictionary?

• 12-06-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,378 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to delete all saved words from a dictionary? I was using a phone for the last while, but it's actually my mother's (my phone was in repair shop) so i added words as i went... However, some words i added have jumped in front of others that are normally there first, can i delete all these? My poor mother won't be able to handle that at all (she's not very good at the whole predictive texting, if the word isn't the first up she won't be able to find it...)

By the way, its a Nokia 3200...

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the first thing that pops into my mind is restore to factory settings but that'll delete everything else too.

if she can't select more words she shouldn't use predictive text tbh. she wouldn't be able to type the words me, go, if and no for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Looking in my 1600 and don't see any options, the only phone I remember seeing it on was the Sony Ericssons .. go with Vimes idea if you don't mind loosing phone data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

was it not the case that if you remove the battery the dictionary returns to factory settings with that model.. (I cant remember and I'm open to correction):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JohnnieM wrote:
    was it not the case that if you remove the battery the dictionary returns to factory settings with that model.. (I cant remember and I'm open to correction):D
    just tried it there on my old 3200 and no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Well that answers that lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement