Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linda McCartney Veggie range

Options
  • 12-06-2007 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Does anyone know why the range - especially sausages - has been unavailable for the last several weeks? And bloody Sosmix seems to be sold out as well -- what are we to do for our imitation full irish breakfast now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

i was able to buy the sundried tomato sausages a couple of weeks ago, but i read an interview in the Observer Food Monthly with Paul and Stella McCartney and they said that the range is getting revamped this year. maybe they're not restocking the old range as the new one comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

atomised wrote:
    ... And bloody Sosmix seems to be sold out as well -- what are we to do for our imitation full irish breakfast now?
    Saw it in Liffey Valley health food shop there recently.

Linda McCarthy range...meh...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Try Fry's and Cauldron's range. MMM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

they have new packaging now i think. perhaps that caused the hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

The Linda McCartney brand was bought out a year ago and is in the middle of a relaunch "...in the United Kingdom".

http://www.scouseveg.co.uk/2007/05/09/linda-mccartney-products-to-be-relaunced/

There's nothing to be had in Tesco or Superquinn so I'm guessing they've changed distributors or something, but Down To Earth on George's Street have a small selection of the newly packaged stuff. They're not the cheapest, but i am missing my deep country pies very very much so I think I'll have to pay them a visit tomorrow... although it seems the recipe's been changed. uh oh.

• Advertisement

....and they're not deep country pies any more. they're just country pies.

well it's definitely a new recipe, and i likes it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, they are quite nice.
    Now in new packaging as well.
    New range. Must try them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

the quorn sausages r nicer, i find the Linda McCartney very fatty r greasy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maryk

Hi woundering if anyone has any further info on Linda McCarthney sausages etc, Ive four vegetarian kids who will only eat that range of food!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 unicorn2

atomised wrote:
    Does anyone know why the range - especially sausages - has been unavailable for the last several weeks? And bloody Sosmix seems to be sold out as well -- what are we to do for our imitation full irish breakfast now?
    I think the Linda McCartney sausages are going to be discontinued

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Sorry. deleted my Last post. It wasn't Cauldron that i got the Meditteranean Sausages....its a make Called "Wicken Fen" weird name. Anyone heard of them?? aw they're gorgeous. its the only product ive seen in their range mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

there's also "Vegetarian Choice" frozen sausages which are very nice, subtle taste rather than the crashbangwallop you get with some veggie sausages. €2.05 in The Hopsack in Rathmines. Their burgers are a bit thin and cardboardy (it's a food critic term ok?) so not really worth bothering with.

ah, but those 'choice' sausages and burgers are 1.40 or 1.70 in galway (evergreen near tesco) and cheap in stillorgan too, so well worth buying! their sausages are the best!!! the 'wicken fen' sausages; i've seen loads of variaties popping up in the evergreen shops in galway city recently. mind you, i got hold of their burgers once, and they were by far the best i've tasted so far. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They might like the tesco veggie hotdogs,they are lovely:)

If you like them, you will love their vegan equivalent. Fry's I think. Mmm.
    Anybody know if the Linda McCartney sausage rolls are back yet?

i haven't seen them with the pile of new package stuff in evergreen near tesco in galway :( i looked!

i haven't seen them with the pile of new package stuff in evergreen near tesco in galway :( i looked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 piscesmum

Apparently the reason the mccartney range isn't on the shelves anymore is because of the Heinz takeover. And because her stuff had hydrogenated fat in it and Heinz are trying to create the equivalent without the hydrogenated fat!! So don't know how long we'll be waiting for their return. They were the only sausages I liked!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

FFS!!! Who cares, why take them off the market?
    I love those sausages...in a hotdog roll, with Ballymaloe relish. mmmm

:-(

• Advertisement

The sausage rolls were so much nicer than real sausage rolls. :(

The sausage rolls were so much nicer than real sausage rolls. :(

make your own with sosmix and shop bought puff pastry - best ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

i used to live the vegitarian sun dried tomato sausages. chop em up and throw them into a veg stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I miss the Linda McCartney sausages so much!! Loved my veggie sausage sandwich. :(:(:(:(

Washout wrote: »
    i used to live the vegitarian sun dried tomato sausages. chop em up and throw them into a veg stew.

I tried the sosmix, so good. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cuaifeadh

I tried the sosmix, so good. !

And really fun to make too! All mushy and gooy. One tasty mess alltogether =)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I got some Linda McCartney lasagne in Dunnes in Carrickmines / Leopardstown a few weeks ago YUM :D

cuaifeadh wrote: »
    And really fun to make too! All mushy and gooy. One tasty mess alltogether =)

It's weird that the sausage mix one goes pink.

It's weird that the sausage mix one goes pink.

It's just a beetroot colourant.

I use the sosmix regularly but sometimes I'll add chilli powder, sometimes cajun seasoning, sometimes just loads of oregano and parsley. It's all good! You can roll them in sesame seeds too (a la Cornucopia) for a different texture. Very adaptable stuff is sosmix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

eth0_ wrote: »
    FFS!!! Who cares, why take them off the market?
    I love those sausages...in a hotdog roll, with Ballymaloe relish. mmmm

:-(

I think it's great... I used to sort of like the sundried tomato ones but they were far too greasy - hydrogenated fat is cheap & nasty stuff.

There is more pressure now to get rid of it from products so they should be able to come up with a better recipe and relaunch them.

Advertisement