Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

13,600 only?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Hobart wrote:
    Quoted for Posterity (I assume)
    Ah :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

received from the seller:
    Hi,

I must apologize for the delay in response, but I'm literally overwhelmed by the number of offers. I have recently relocated to Slovenia for business. The Focus is here as well. I can and will arrange transportation to UK.

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low. But since it's a right hand drive car, not even a dealer will offer me a better price here. The fact that it's still UK registered did not help either. Genuine reason for sale: my business didn't work out the way I planned. Due to amount involved, I only accept bank transfers or third party transaction mediator.

I am the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the vehicle. The car is in excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition. I am willing to let the 2006 FORD FOCUS ST-3 go for £ 9,200 GBP.

Please get back to me and let me know if you wish to proceed on this basis.
    Cheers !
    Christopher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

kbannon wrote:

Thats the exact same email we got when we enquired about the X5!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

So has anybody contacted carzone about these jokers?

They really need to add a 'report this ad [for phishing/scamming]' link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Car tax 962 euro per year. A few cc lower and it would have been 821 euro/year.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

jonny24ie wrote:
    Because its fake!!

Also "Submarine" interior!!

Seems like someone extracting the urine!!

Thats actually correct jonny24. The ST has submarine lighting

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Car tax 962 euro per year. A few cc lower and it would have been 821 euro/year.

An extra €140 p.a. in road tax is the least of your worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

kbannon wrote:
    <...>
    At least these new guys can write coherent English, unlike the gibberish the typical Nigerian scammers knock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Only getting to read this thread now.

I actually found my own car up for sale on Carzone.ie for an amazing €12,500 (it's an 03 325 Ci circa €30k). Impressed I a friend wrote to the seller and got the exact same response - complete scam.

I contact carzone.ie about this to report the fraud but notice that they've no contact details on the website or registered company names, etc (completely illegal) - anyhow they didn't really give a sh1te and didn't remove the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,342 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jayok wrote:
    I contact carzone.ie about this to report the fraud but notice that they've no contact details on the website or registered company names, etc (completely illegal) - anyhow they didn't really give a sh1te and didn't remove the ad.

You'd think they'd at least black list the credit card numbers used to pay for the ads on line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

unkel wrote:
    You'd think they'd at least black list the credit card numbers used to pay for the ads on line

They probably use something similiar to a 3v voucher

Advertisement