Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommemdations please

• 12-06-2007 3:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

living in rented accomodation and cant use nails to hang pictures :mad: :mad: :mad:

so hoping someone here can give me a recomendation for something that could stick to the wall (hooks or something similiar) so we can hang a few normal sized pictures without ripping off the plaster and as little paint as possible in the process

so anyone any ideas?

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

regular picture hooks only make 2 small holes in the wall (akin to thumb tacks) that (if noticeable) can be easily filled/painted over afterwards.
    Something sticking on is more likely to peel paint off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

yeah i know but the landlords choice strange as it seems so gotta do what he says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

greebo is right here - the small picture hooks can easily be taken out again and only leave an un-noticeable pin hole. Some of them only require one pin to hold them up and they hold well. Just be careful putting them up and there should be no problem. Anything self adhesive is definitely going to do more damage and not going to last either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I wouldn't use those hooks on solid walls though, they are fine on plasterboard but if you can get them into a solid wall they will do damage to the plaster. OP they are the little white hooks with one to three pins in them depending on size. You can get them in hardware shops at great expense or for half nothing in a pound shop - I've never been able to see the difference in quality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thanks looksee , seems like i gotta make a phone call to the landlord so

• Advertisement
Advertisement