Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland lawns!

Options
  • 12-06-2007 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Thinking of getting out the back garden and attempting to get the lawn going.

It looks somewhat barren combined with soggy patches in other areas of the garden.

Has anyone cracked the Charlesland Lawn enigma?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,940 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dig it all up and start again (either with seed or rolled turf) is the best option

I've been trying to improve mine by using lawnfeed and over-seeding the thin patches but I've had mixed results. Main problem is the soil is full of stones and gravel. Theres also a lot of clover (which chokes out the grass) and leatherjackets (daddy-longleg grubs) which are also bad for the lawn.

One of my neighbours dug his lawn up completely, put down new soil and reseeded - it now looks great - if you have the time this is probably the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

loyatemu wrote:
    dig it all up and start again (either with seed or rolled turf) is the best option

I've been trying to improve mine by using lawnfeed and over-seeding the thin patches but I've had mixed results. Main problem is the soil is full of stones and gravel. Theres also a lot of clover (which chokes out the grass) and leatherjackets (daddy-longleg grubs) which are also bad for the lawn.

One of my neighbours dug his lawn up completely, put down new soil and reseeded - it now looks great - if you have the time this is probably the way to go.

Its the only option however if you just put turf on top of whats there it will turn out the same in 12 months Costs about €400 to dig out feed rotavate and turf it yourself.(turf feed,hire of rotavator) about €2000 if you get a pro in to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I got a guy in to dig mine all up rotivate it and put down rolled grass and it looks great for €300!!! Now the ony problem is thos bloddy daddylong legs grubby things are start to get at patches. I am just going to wait and see how long my lovely garden will last. I got it done at Easter and looks fine but I did neglect it during the hot weather and I think parts of it didnt fair so well so going to give it some tender loving care and see if that works but knowing this whole estate it will die again in a few months!! Ah the joys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Wow inch that was good value could you pm me his details

Advertisement