Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology (H)- The Aftermath...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

nooooo thought it was anaphase..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

My Short Questions were poor.

Q1 poor
    Q2 what the hell was with the pyramid?
    Q3 Said 2n = 8!!
    Q4 Good
    Q5 Think i got it
    Q6 AHHHHHH I said Xylem crossed it out and said Phloem, i did say tracheids and vessels though.......

Not good not good at all

Did the Enzyme experiment all went well
    Did the Photosyntheses experiment all went well

I thought the Long questions were very long! Just got my 4 questions finished! 30 mins spend on each.

Done the Question on Respiration and Enzyme = Good apart from last part of b) got abit confused.

Did Question on Lungs etc....... Went well although diagram not the best!

Viruses and Immunity went alright not 100% though

Male Reproduction and Hormones went well.

So overall looking at a B3 hopefully probably a C1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Metaphase yeah, but surely the diploid number was 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

What answers did people get for the xylem short question? Where is the vascular tissue in a dicot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

There were only 4 chromosomes though, unless I'm going blind ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

No each chromosome at that stage is made from two chromataids which when separated will form a new chromosome in each daugther cells nucleus. Dont forget the 2 cells need the same no. of chromosomes post-mitosis. Not too bad a paper. Id say a B to a A depending how things go.

Marshy wrote:
    What answers did people get for the xylem short question? Where is the vascular tissue in a dicot?

I assume in the vascular bundles which are spread in circular shape around stem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

No, the chromatids are going to be pulled apart into two groups of four, which will be in the nuclei of the new cells.

I assume in the vascular bundles which are spread in circular shape around stem.
    Yeah, inside of the vascular bundles.

I added the location of them for insurance.

• Advertisement

How much is each short question worth? 10 marks? Messed up a slight bit on the xylem one (xylem tracheid is NOWHERE in my book), then a bit on the genetics one and possibly on the mitosis one, but I'm pretty sure that the haploid number was 4, and diploid number was 8. Lost about 6 marks I'd say, then lost 6 marks for not getting the benefit of a virus...still in line for the A2..

Diploid number was 4

Quiet.

Xd

You needn't have, the question said "in the stem".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

How much is each short question worth? 10 marks? Messed up a slight bit on the xylem one (xylem tracheid is NOWHERE in my book), then a bit on the genetics one and possibly on the mitosis one, but I'm pretty sure that the haploid number was 4, and diploid number was 8. Lost about 6 marks I'd say, then lost 6 marks for not getting the benefit of a virus...still in line for the A2..

Short questions are 20 marks. You can keep telling yourself 2n=8, its not going to make it right. The mother (my bio teacher) said its 2n=4.

Anyways a missed section of a short question isnt exactly the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

I thought the Short Answers were awful!! :(

I probably got about 60%, don't care that much though!

Ah I'm not fussed or panicking, I still nailed experiments and long questions, which is enough for a B1.

Indeed its not too tough to scrape together about half marks in the A part even if you missed a few,

• Advertisement

carlowboy wrote:
    Short questions are 20 marks. You can keep telling yourself 2n=8, its not going to make it right. The mother (my bio teacher) said its 2n=4.
    Leave him believe it if he wants sure!:rolleyes:

Yes. Him..

I made that mistake as well before.

Yes. Him..
    Sorry madame, but you ain't right.

Mitosis produces daughter cells with the same chromosome number as the parent cell. When those chromosomes in the diagram were seperated how many were going to be left for each cell?

Ah forget it! Just Wiki mitosis!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

carlowboy wrote:
    The mother (my bio teacher) said its 2n=4.

Is your mam ur teacher?noo...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Such a fool. Absolutely such a fool. Just thinking about it now, I didn't even read the question properly and wrote 2n=46. How stupid can you get like.... *slaps self* :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

Selphie wrote:
    Such a fool. Absolutely such a fool. Just thinking about it now, I didn't even read the question properly and wrote 2n=46. How stupid can you get like.... *slaps self* :mad: :mad:
    I did exactly the same!! feel free 2 slap me aswel...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Selphie wrote:

I did the exact same too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

alancork wrote:
    Is your mam ur teacher?noo...:eek:

Only this year though. Its not too bad as I got all the help I could at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Is sucrose a simple sugar?? please say yes please say yes

Advertisement