Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving the hall early

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 petebrickette

carlowboy wrote:
    They don't let you leave early in my school. The principal puts you in a room on your own and makes sure everyone else has left before you can leave

That's absolutely insane. What kind of a despot of a principal do you have at all?!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I left early for Irish paper 2 hons, was finished with an hour to go. And maths paper 1 ord cos I did all the questions with half an hour to spare.

Now, for something like English, History or business I was writing til they forcibly removed the answer book from me.

I still think 2hrs 50 mins for 4 essays in History is a disgrace & waaay too bloody short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 petebrickette

ashyle wrote:
    I left early for Irish paper 2 hons, was finished with an hour to go. And maths paper 1 ord cos I did all the questions with half an hour to spare.

Now, for something like English, History or business I was writing til they forcibly removed the answer book from me.

I still think 2hrs 50 mins for 4 essays in History is a disgrace & waaay too bloody short.

Yeah, I agree with you there on the history timing. It should be the same length as English 2: 3hrs 20. or at least 3 full hours as opposed to this 2 and a half hours plus 20 optional minutes thing they have at the moment.
    They can't realistically expect everyone to be finished with enough time to comb over the essays for spelling/grammatical errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

It's ridiculous. See they took of the special topic question from the actual exam and also reduced the time! Foools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ariiella

i left maths paper 1 early, but only because it was a bit of a joke to me, i did honours maths for a year and a half and never failed an exam so pass maths i can do with my eyes closed, no point in me stayin, i had trhe whole paper answered in an hour and a half and gone over like 4 times! but i think it depends on the exam, i had irish after it so i used the time to study irish, no point in stayin if you're in that situation really is there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I left French after an hour, after doing extra questions and everything. There's only so much sitting in an exam hall with nothing to do that a person can take!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Exactly!

I left French 40 minutes early with extra q's
    Biology an hour and 40minutes early with an extra part c
    Maths p.1 half hour early

It's mad really that there's so much extram time in some exams, and history is such a struggle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

I wrote my feckin socks off,16 pages in History! but i did have 3 minutes left at the end.

i am a very quick writer mind you, and i did space out.

the only subjects i didnt finish in time was English paper2 and maths paper 2. frech ord was ridicules, i did it all properly taking my time and still hand an extra hour! same with Irish paper 2.

i think there is enough time if you manage it properly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

The only exam that i stayed till the end was matsh higher. all the other ones i left earlie yet i got 465 points last year. If you cant do any more just leave lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Both papers in English, in till the end, Irish paper 1(OL), out after an hour and a bit, Irish Paper 2, out after 35 mins. Maths 1, out 10 mins early after plenty of rechecks, maths 2 was 10 mins early after plenty of rechecks. French 10 mins early. History in till end.

I mainly only really leave with 10 mins cos I know I'll be bored...and even though its not long, the sun shining is just too tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

Damn that blasted sun.....I swear it was mocking me during English .....

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

I left irish (O) paper II after 18 mins. didnt have a clue of any of the stuff but i'd already passed from paper I, the oral, and the aural. i was finished a few mins before that but i was under the impression you werent allowed to leave until 30 mins had gone by, but the examiner was kinda shocked and didnt really care anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Well If your finished, and a bit paranoid about changing answers like myself thats when you leave.

Plus my concentration goes after bout 2 hours...

Advertisement