Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Linkin Park rip off U2?

• 12-06-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

http://rockmusic.ytmnd.com/

Personally I don't think its close enough to be considered stealing, just influenced, but some disagree with me.

(In before "Linkin park suck" )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Yeah looks nothing similar. There were also rumours when LP first came out that they chose the name so that their CD's would sit in between Korn and Metallica in shops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Are we talking bout the song or the cover here?
    The drums are alike in the song but thats about it!

And thats pretty intelligent marketing if that was true about starting the name with L to be inbetween Korn and Metallica!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I heard it was so they would be beside Limp Bizkit :P

The comparison is the songs btw, not the album covers, turn your speakers on :P If you have left-right balance it makes it easier to compare them. I agree I think its just the rythem that matches, and the guitar in the LP one is a bit U2-ish as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

I can see what you mean, but I think it's more "influenced" rather than a blatant rip-off. I really don't like them at all, and that's not just because yer man is can't Chester Bennington (spanner). But I think it makes sense for them to try and move themselves into a more 'classic' image. They're not going to last much longer running around with backwards baseball caps and baggy jeans.

Advertisement