Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vince McMahon (Spoilers)

• 12-06-2007 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

Ok a quick poll to see what people think about whether the MR. McMahon character is actually dead and will be never seen again or whether he will turn up on next weeks RAW.

Will Mr. McMahon McMahon ever return to WWE TV? 67 votes

Mr. McMahon will be back next week on RAW
    0%
    Mr. McMahon will be back by Summerslam
    8%
    Jonny ArsonR.Dkeithkk16tdvShaneUOnikage 6 votes
    Mr. McMahon will be back by the end of the year
    19%
    jongoreGlenmanAlphaMale 3OOx Purple Pawprints xThe SparrowMintoTim Robbinsnacho libre8k2q1gfcz9s5d4kronsingtonLucas10101Bobalicious93callaway92 13 votes
    Mr. McMahon will be back sometime in the distant future
    31%
    WashoutBigConoakersweemcdMr.Nice GuyShawnRavenThe1337_StephenStalfossalad dodger5starpoolgm1984SualtamCar MadTricity BendixPrufrockmirwillbebackReganio 2ROCKMANe_jenksLard NoMore 21 votes
    Mr. McMahon will never be a character on WWE TV again
    40%
    de5p0i1erBounty HunterV9Cactus ColFozzyraven136oneofakind32evad_lhorgdelanec8RoarBoomer23seanironmaiden[Deleted User]shell_cenaDayshariddikCharlietriple hlittlejpHorseRadish 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He's dead. Don't you get it ?!

vincedead2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

He's dead. Don't you get it ?!

Clearly that is why wwe.com is stressing that no body was found?!;)

From WWE.com:

STAMFORD, Conn. – After Monday’s horrific events on Raw, those “dark clouds” the Chairman once spoke of are now felt prominently in the halls and offices of WWE headquarters.

With Mr. McMahon presumed dead, the corporate flag on the roof of Titan Tower was lowered to half-staff Tuesday morning. The company McMahon built into a sports-entertainment giant began to mourn the passing of its leader and visionary.

Many WWE staffers are still suffering from the trauma of seeing their corporate leader’s limousine explode on live television just after Mr. McMahon entered it.

“I sat there stunned, not believing what I just saw,” said marketing employee Stefanie Granata. “Then I just cried. … you just don’t realize how precious life is until something like this happens.”

Though federal officials at the scene have not recovered his body from the charred chassis of the limo, investigators believe that Mr. McMahon’s body could possibly have been incinerated in the blast.

Some WWE employees wore black clothing to express their sadness. Others have left flowers by the Chairman’s office door. And if you listen closely, faint sobbing can be overheard occasionally amongst the din of the phones, fax machines and printers.

Heather Lubin, a long-time marketing employee, said the loss is being felt hard around the Stamford offices – mostly because of the unexpected, unexplained nature of the tragedy.

“It’s hard to cope with this tragedy when there’s so many questions unanswered,” Lubin said. “Who could do such a thing to Mr. McMahon?”

As for Liz Montgomery, a WWE creative services employee, she hopes that everyone can come together and help each other cope with the shocking loss of the company’s heart and soul.

“He’ll be truly, truly missed,” Montgomery said. “Wherever he is now, I hope it’s in a good place. But we’re going to miss him terribly.”

See! His body was INCINERATED. WWE..com never lies.

I love this angle.

Ah the key words you are ignoring are "could possibly"

Actually after reading that, I love this angle too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

“I sat there stunned, not believing what I just saw,” said marketing employee Stefanie Granata. “Then I just cried. … you just don’t realize how precious life is until something like this happens.”

Indeed. Only when you see a guy get blown up in his car do you begin to realise how precious life is.
    Some WWE employees wore black clothing to express their sadness. Others have left flowers by the Chairman’s office door. And if you listen closely, faint sobbing can be overheard occasionally amongst the din of the phones, fax machines and printers.

That's Mick Foley crying cos he'll never get to work that angle with Vince that he's sought for so long!

• Advertisement

I think Papa Shongo needs to come back and raise Vince from the dead with Hogan, Hart, Ashley, Turner and Sheiky holding hands in solemn prayer by his bedside.

I think Vince should haunt the WWE if he is supposedly dead... Randomly during a match he could strike down the ref or the babyface or whatever with bolts of lighting. Or perhaps if he is actually dead we can finally have Vince McMahon versus God! (In a cage! In a cage!)

Here's some comments from another wrestling forum. Some fans are so stupid:
    I hope its an angle. I wonder what will happen if Vince is dead
    I hope this is an angle. I dislike Mr McMahon, but i would be saddened if he was really dead. Any confirmation as to whether he is alive or dead?
    i think it;s an angle
    I have no clue what to think about what happen last night. I was shocked as hell when i saw it. if it is an angle then its a bad one. If its true. OMFG

Great comment then from the Mod:
    Why are people even questioning if it's real or fake?

How old are you all 8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Personally, I think somehow it'll turn out that it was a suicide attempt or that he faked his own death to see if the fans really appreciated him. I really wanna see where this angle leads!

Fair enough if kids believe it but look at this:

Radio Station Reports Vince McMahon Is Really Dead
    Date Added: June 12, 2007
    Story By: Ryan Gray
    Ken Curige passed along the following report to PWInsider.com:

Quote:

In a "wow, I don't believe some people are fooled" moment, I was driving to work this morning and a local Connecticut radio station ( Kiss 95.7 ) was doing their daily "Hollywood Report" segment.

Basically the segment is a gossip page speaking about what's going on in Hollywood. This morning the segment reported the following, "In a scary moment, on live TV last night, Vince McMahon, the President of Stamford based WWE was killed when his limousine exploded on live TV. I would assume an investigation is in the works, but we'd like to send our condolences to his family and friends."

They then spoke for a minute or so about how that clip will probably become internet banter on sites like YouTube and whatnot, and they even spoke about "that wrestler who fell a few years ago", I can only assume they meant Owen Hart.

At first I thought it was tongue in cheek, but amazingly enough they were actually serious, which is scary.

I'm not sure if other places are reporting it as well, but I've been asked several times at work thus far today about "What happened to Vince last night?", all by non-wrestling fans.

If this is the publicity they want, I guess they're getting it, but why they'd want that kind of publicity is beyond me.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/4748

EDIT: There are 24 people viewing the wrestling forum right now. I've never seen it this high. Its a small indicator maybe of the type of interest it could get. Or it could all just die in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Minto wrote:
    Personally, I think somehow it'll turn out that it was a suicide attempt or that he faked his own death to see if the fans really appreciated him. I really wanna see where this angle leads!

That's what I was thinking too, seems like the likely type of storyline. But then again ya never know!

There not gonna have a tribute show like they have done for Eddie and Owen in the past though are they??....that would be a complete joke! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was listening to the Bryan and Vinny Show on www.f4wonline.com earlier, it was gas the way they went on. I think they might be onto something when they had a moment of realisation and thought that maybe it was a Steve-O Jackass stunt

Before the car actually blew up, I was thinking it would be the last time we'd ever see Vince (at least as a character). But now I'm thinking he'll be back, but not for a long time. He'd been off tv for ages before he came back last year, so it's not unthinkable that he could stay off tv for that long

If WWE are going to continue to play it this serious, they'll have to do a 10-bell salute tonight, but that's sort of going a bit far I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think it is the last time we ever see the character Mr. McMahon.

Fozzy wrote:
    I was listening to the Bryan and Vinny Show on www.f4wonline.com earlier, it was gas the way they went on. I think they might be onto something when they had a moment of realisation and thought that maybe it was a Steve-O Jackass stunt

Yeah I was laughing myself when I heard that theory. Steve-O was planning on blowing himself up and stupid Vince stepped into the wrong limo. Not the worst idea ever. :D

It would be a fitting way to kill off the character now that I think about it. Vince got fired - literally!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the plan is to do a "Who killed Vince?" angle which will be the focal point of their tv for the foreseeable future. I don't really have an appetite for that, since they usually mess up anything like that. And if they find the person, the only logical conclusion is for them to go to jail. WWE.com have listed Snoop Dogg as a potential suspect

Fozzy wrote:
    The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the plan is to do a "Who killed Vince?" angle which will be the focal point of their tv for the foreseeable future. I don't really have an appetite for that,

Oh I do if they can do it right.

If they do it right then I don't mind, but how will they do it right?! It'll probably descend into a comic farce, which may be entertaining in its own right, but I just don't see it being done right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

doubt he's really dead...otherwise there would have been an interview with some of the family

possible scenario.....
    shane takes over goes power mad for a few months...Vince comes back and sorts him out

it was kinda done before with the corparate ministry but.......could be interesting

Fozzy wrote:
    If they do it right then I don't mind, but how will they do it right?! It'll probably descend into a comic farce, which may be entertaining in its own right, but I just don't see it being done right

What is right though?

No matter how they go about it some will be really into it or some will hate it. Its that kind of an angle.People will watch though, at least short term.

I just want to see Brisoco and Patterson getting a weekly segment showing up at random houses interrogating people from Bret Hart to Hogan to Ashley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

It was the camera men. Why else would they zoom in on the explosion form several different angles? They've obviously been looking for a main event push for some time now, and felt blowing up the chairman was the way to go about it. I hope poor Shane kicks their butts!!

R.I.P VINCE, I'LL LOVE YOU ALWAYS.

• Advertisement

I just want to see Brisoco and Patterson getting a weekly segment showing up at random houses interrogating people from Bret Hart to Hogan to Ashley.

I second this idea. Vince if your reading (from Heaven) please do this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It was obviously Rikishi.....he did it for the Rock!

Or else the one you least suspect like Lisa Simpson: so Eugene will be shown limping away from the arena, a la Kaiser Sousee only to start walking normally after a few blocks, a maniacal grin spreading slowly across his face......Eugene as the evil genius who fooled us all would be the greatest storyline EVER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

He'll be back by the end of the year - a real Bobby Ewing story :D
    VR!

He'll be back by the end of the year - a real Bobby Ewing story :D
    VR!

Well that was the beginning of the end of Dallas when they did the "Bobby died but it was all a big dream angle" so lets hope not.

Well that was the beginning of the end of Dallas when they did the "Bobby died but it was all a big dream angle" so lets hope not.

Everyones drink was spiked that night and they all imagined it ;)
    VR!

A side note, I heard Dave Meltzer go on a 20 minute rant about the "Booby angle". He (and he wasn't the only one ) never watched the show again after they basically screwed people for a year by having him return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Ah he'll be back by the end of the year i'd say. Could prove to be a good angle for a heel turn. It's always good to have one of those "how killed who" stories. Yeah thinking back to the Austin one, was kinda dum to have rikishi do it. Hopefully Foley will be on the case again. Should be fun. I'd say he did it himself anyway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

VINCE MCMAHON YOUR

FIIIIIIIIIIRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

ec18 wrote:
    doubt he's really dead...

A fan who was at the arena reported seeing Vince leave the arena so it looks like it was all storyline... Thank God for that. I thought he really got blown up on live TV...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

One of the things I'm looking forward to most about this is when they get Patterson and Brisco, or Mick Foley, or Umaga to start investigating who killed Vince. They have all these stories on their website about federal agents examining every detail of Vince's office and dusting for fingerprints, but what's the bets that they conclude nothing and it's some wrestler who figures it out? Like the mild-mannered reporter, Gregory Helms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Video of McMahon family statement up at http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/none/2007/june8-14/4888838

I wonder who all those reporters are. WWE should start a rumour saying that Vince had a heart attack today just to throw people off. Or hold a fake funeral service. Or involve the Undertaker in some way

Classy how they advertise WWE Shop before the statement :)

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Classy how they advertise WWE Shop before the statement :)

The show must go on. Its how he would have wanted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

OK hows this for a story line , on the who dunnit line, DX because of HHH family commitments and the fact that they are been blamed take it upon themselves to invested after a lot of interviews if you know what i mean, Interviews that can be done in the ring like piper's pit style each week calling out different wrestlers.
    They get down to only one suspect Shane o Mac but the night they call him down he produce evidence that is was wait for it

SHAWN MICHEALS.
    or
    HHH
    (which ever suits )
    BUT

shawn rants and raves in front of an irate HHH ...Before admitting his part and introducing his partner in crime
    (if HHH plays heel everybody will expect to see his wife but its not)
    its

BRET HART

all hell breaks loose and as the show is ending we see a dark figure laughing at the top of the gangway

Is it Vince
    ????

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote:
    Is it Vince????

No, it's the Gobbledygooker

I'm beggin for them to do some sort of comedy interrogations though, they could be brilliant. What I don't really get is if Vince doesn't come back and they do find out who the person is, will that person become a heel or a face? I mean, they got rid of one of the biggest heels of the last 10 years in WWE. But...they're a murderer! You can't cheer a murderer! It was probably Hogan anyway

ROCKMAN wrote:
    OK hows this for a story line , on the who dunnit line, DX because of HHH family commitments and the fact that they are been blamed take it upon themselves to invested after a lot of interviews if you know what i mean, Interviews that can be done in the ring like piper's pit style each week calling out different wrestlers.
    They get down to only one suspect Shane o Mac but the night they call him down he produce evidence that is was wait for it

SHAWN MICHEALS.
    or
    HHH
    (which ever suits )
    BUT

shawn rants and raves in front of an irate HHH ...Before admitting his part and introducing his partner in crime
    (if HHH plays heel everybody will expect to see his wife but its not)
    its

BRET HART

all hell breaks loose and as the show is ending we see a dark figure laughing at the top of the gangway

Is it Vince
    ????

I like it, I really do. Pity, it'll prob never happen though. But great idea.

I was thinking it would be a funny idea if one of the TNA wrestlers got on the mic and claimed responsibility for the death of Vince McMahon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I was thinking it would be a funny idea if one of the TNA wrestlers got on the mic and claimed responsibility for the death of Vince McMahon. :)

VKM could try and embaress themselves further if they we're really up for it. Or maybe an Angle where Christy Hemme killed him for not treating her as a wrestler.

On a serious note, I'd like the killer to be someone who they could bring back from way back in the past. My choice would be Gangrel and Vince could take Christian's place in the Brood

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

woooo232 wrote:
    Or perhaps if he is actually dead we can finally have Vince McMahon versus God! (In a cage! In a cage!)

It's a dream match! I'd pay to see it. God will want payback for losing that tag match at Backlash.

R.I.P Vince (Retire In Peace)

• Advertisement

Bryan Alvarez of the Figure 4 Weekly newsletter wrote an obituary for Vince here. Worth a read, it made me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Mr. McMahon will be back by Summerslam
    This has potential to be funniest storyline in WWE history..... Vince HAS to randomly appear on Raw next week acting as if nothing ever happened, it would be hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

It's a matter of time before this unravels itself as the most pathetic storyline ever in WWE/F history.

There's some cool updates on WWE.com. My favourite is the filmstrip of the moment Vince got killed. You can relive the exact moment he lost his life in picture form! http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/special/mcmahondeceased/ I'll have to set one of these as my desktop background, they're great photos

There's a story about the hundreds of cards, flowers and teddy bears put outside Titan Towers by fans here. One lad says he drove from Texas to pay his respects, that's over half the length of the country. There's also a story about the fans paying respect at the arena where Vince died here. I just checked, and the police officer who is quoted in that article as saying that his department is using all their man-power on this case is the same officer who told newspapers that Vince didn't really die. I'm appalled at his lack of professionalism

An explosives expert discusses the bomb here

Daniel Beck, of the "Federal Investigation Center" (they must be top secret, there's no information on them on the internet), gave an update to say that they're not taking questions here. The reporters are a lot more unruly than the ones who attended the McMahon family statement yesterday, especially the whiny lad at the end, "we need answers!"

WWE truck drivers give their eyewitness accounts here. They all seem more concerned with how big the explosion was than the loss of a human life

Close-ups of the cooled-down limo (and possibly some bits of Vince flesh) here

And of course, the video of Vince being blown to pieces is still available on the website. I hope they do a slow-motion version of it soon

The thing that peaks my interest here is that they have deduced that the explosion was "professionally structured" and "calculated". Everyone knows that most wrestlers are too stupid to be able to make bombs, but there are some exceptions. Matt Striker is obviously a very smart individual. You can't forget about WWE's ex-resident-terrorist, Muhammad Hassan either, or his one-time accomplice Daivari

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Fozzy wrote:
    There's some cool updates on WWE.com. My favourite is the filmstrip of the moment Vince got killed. You can relive the exact moment he lost his life in picture form! http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/special/mcmahondeceased/ I'll have to set one of these as my desktop background, they're great photos

There's a story about the hundreds of cards, flowers and teddy bears put outside Titan Towers by fans here. One lad says he drove from Texas to pay his respects, that's over half the length of the country. There's also a story about the fans paying respect at the arena where Vince died here. I just checked, and the police officer who is quoted in that article as saying that his department is using all their man-power on this case is the same officer who told newspapers that Vince didn't really die. I'm appalled at his lack of professionalism

An explosives expert discusses the bomb here

Daniel Beck, of the "Federal Investigation Center" (they must be top secret, there's no information on them on the internet), gave an update to say that they're not taking questions here. The reporters are a lot more unruly than the ones who attended the McMahon family statement yesterday, especially the whiny lad at the end, "we need answers!"

WWE truck drivers give their eyewitness accounts here. They all seem more concerned with how big the explosion was than the loss of a human life

Close-ups of the cooled-down limo (and possibly some bits of Vince flesh) here

And of course, the video of Vince being blown to pieces is still available on the website. I hope they do a slow-motion version of it soon

The thing that peaks my interest here is that they have deduced that the explosion was "professionally structured" and "calculated". Everyone knows that most wrestlers are too stupid to be able to make bombs, but there are some exceptions. Matt Striker is obviously a very smart individual. You can't forget about WWE's ex-resident-terrorist, Muhammad Hassan either, or his one-time accomplice Daivari

Sounded a bit like Todd Grisham :D

Fozzy wrote:

Its really fortunate that there was a camera man up on the roof :)
    One lad says he drove from Texas to pay his respects, that's over half the length of the country. There's also a story about the fans paying respect at the arena where Vince died here. I just checked, and the police officer who is quoted in that article as saying that his department is using all their man-power on this case is the same officer who told newspapers that Vince didn't really die. I'm appalled at his lack of professionalism

I am still giggling over those articles - that guy from Texas to the guy who "practiced the Chairman’s strut and swagger" to their "veteran explosives expert", whose only 23 :)

Best quote has to be
    “I’ll miss seeing Mr. McMahon. He was evil, but he still had a family.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

What about the limo driver? Not a mention...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

What about Finley, with him being Irish & the whole IRA scenario!! Would wwe go down those lines..........

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I love one of the comments at the bottom of this article. It is so damn random:
    lacey boyce
    June 15, 2007 at 3:32 AM
    Comment on Article
    if we were or are so stupid in spelling what are you how dare you criticies our spelling when you cannot walk properly and fake your death hay whos the idiot now show pony from lacey in australia thats for real good ridens to bad rubbish

Definitely the best publicity stunt they have done in a while. With a lot of the media over in the US actually speculating if he's dead or not. Not to mention the amount of people who are borderline believing it. Seriously, how many of you are getting texts on the mobile asking if he is actually dead? I've gotten a few! :)

Well done WWE.
    VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement