Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vince McMahon (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Definitely the best publicity stunt they have done in a while. With a lot of the media over in the US actually speculating if he's dead or not. Not to mention the amount of people who are borderline believing it. Seriously, how many of you are getting texts on the mobile asking if he is actually dead? I've gotten a few! :)

Well done WWE.
    VR!

Actually none - then again most of my friends either dont watch WWE or aren't idiots :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Mr. McMahon will be back sometime in the distant future
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    Actually none - then again most of my friends either dont watch WWE or aren't idiots :)

Oh man, that was cold ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mr. McMahon will never be a character on WWE TV again
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    I am still giggling over those articles - that guy from Texas to the guy who "practiced the Chairman’s strut and swagger" to their "veteran explosives expert", whose only 23 :)

I think it's that he's had 23 years involved with explosives, although I did wonder about it myself when I read it last night. "A 23-year explosives expert", rather than a 23-year old explosives expert

Oh yeah, you've got to love how they continue to act as if no one watches ECW (which most actually don't). They had their ECW show on Tuesday night, but didn't make a statement saying that "the show will go on" until the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Its mad. Im after coming back from the pub now and yer man in the flat is after saying to me "Is Vince dead??" This is the same fella that said,and I quote "are the Undertaker and Kane really brothers?" :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i rewatched some of it today (5pm repeat...might have started at 4 cos it was longer than usual) with a mate who had been told "this Raw was huge, you wont believe how it ends". He was watching sitting on the edge of his seat at the end sensing something huge was coming from the way Vince was acting and the fact that he passed virtually the entire roster on his way to his Limo. when he got to his Limo the show just ended and the WWE logo came up. I laughed my ass off as he looked at me and said "that was so ****" it seems sky thought it was too early to show someone "dying" in a exploding Limo.

i rewatched some of it today (5pm repeat...might have started at 4 cos it was longer than usual) with a mate who had been told "this Raw was huge, you wont believe how it ends". He was watching sitting on the edge of his seat at the end sensing something huge was coming from the way Vince was acting and the fact that he passed virtually the entire roster on his way to his Limo. when he got to his Limo the show just ended and the WWE logo came up. I laughed my ass off as he looked at me and said "that was so ****" it seems sky thought it was too early to show someone "dying" in a exploding Limo.

Hahaha, that's gas. I wonder did they show it on the later repeat? Thursday I think they show it at 9. Because a lot of people would be left confused otherwise!

From PWTorch:
    The FBI is not happy that WWE is using their name in the McMahon "death" storyline. The difference between WWE using them and a TV show using them is that WWE doesn't run writer credits at the end of their shows. WWE is perpetrating the FBI's involvement in the case of McMahon's "death" as real and that's why they're upset.

Awh, the FBI are upset! Poor lads. Have the WWE actually mentioned the FBI by name though? I didn't think so. Anyway, if they did they could just be talking about Little Guido and his mates, if he has any left

Hahaha, I'm just after seeing the start of SD, JBL giving out about the fans booing is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote:
    Hahaha, that's gas. I wonder did they show it on the later repeat? Thursday I think they show it at 9. Because a lot of people would be left confused otherwise!

They showed it on the 9 repeat alright, showed my mother, who knows of Vince McMahon and all she could say was "That wasn't real....was it??" lol

Was just reading that WWE are thinking of scrapping the whole death storyline because of Sherri Martel's passing, being a bad time to play out this type of storyline.

Just watching SD now....having the lockeroom come out at the start and getting everyone to stand in Vince's memory...having segments of wrestlers talking about his passing....Is this not just turning memorials shows that they have had when Eddie or Owen died or for 9/11 or might have in the future into a bit of a joke??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

.Is this not just turning memorials shows that they have had when Eddie or Owen died or for 9/11 or might have in the future into a bit of a joke??:confused:

Well a couple of months after Eddie died they had a "VIVA La Savings" sale on shop zone.com. Then followed the use of Eddie as a key player in story lines, even in death for about 12 months later on. So nobody should be surprised.

I can understand people being offended by the ten bell salute and the personal tributes. It is going too far and parodying tribute shows is probably something you should try and avoid especially in wrestling..

I'm not offended though for the simple reason, its so wacky. When you have William Regal in his tribute talking about the time Vince and him laughed about midgets and how he loved kissing his ass (Regal: "It was such a wonderful backside") or when Chavo said we should celebrate what a great jerk Vince was, I find it impossible to take it serious.

They have a tricky situation with the death of Sensational Sherri though. Whatever way they handle it, I don't think they will please everyone. I can't see them scrapping the Vince angle though. Their decision will be based upon the ratings. If more people tune in this week and they hold or even grow that audience in the weeks ahead, they'll keep the storyline going.

If the ratings slide, they'll hurry it along.

Well a couple of months after Eddie died they had a "VIVA La Savings" sale on shop zone.com. Then followed the use of Eddie as a key player in story lines, even in death for about 12 months later on. So nobody should be surprised.

I can understand people being offended by the ten bell salute and the personal tributes. It is going too far and parodying tribute shows is probably something you should try and avoid especially in wrestling..

I'm not offended though for the simple reason, its so wacky. When you have William Regal in his tribute talking about the time Vince and him laughed about midgets and how he loved kissing his ass (Regal: "It was such a wonderful backside") or when Chavo said we should celebrate what a great jerk Vince was, I find it impossible to take it serious.

They have a tricky situation with the death of Sensational Sherri though. Whatever way they handle it, I don't think they will please everyone. I can't see them scrapping the Vince angle though. Their decision will be based upon the ratings. If more people tune in this week and they hold or even grow that audience in the weeks ahead, they'll keep the storyline going.

If the ratings slide, they'll hurry it along.

I get what your saying, they pretty much milked Eddies death...This will be no different it seems, and not surprising.

Obviously Vince McMahon is getting what he wanted, media exposure. I know it's all a wacky storyline....and the fact that I find myself waiting for Monday night to see what happens next (again exactly what Vince wants...ratings). I'm not offended by the whole ten bell salute thing but just think in future it may not mean as much...or maybe i'm reading too much into it. :confused:
    But yes, Regal's tribute was pretty funny, lol.

It all came in bad timing with another wrestling related death not long into this storyline. I honestly don't think they will drop this storyline and it seems those backstage are against the idea of dropping it, so it is going to go on for another while yet, whether people like it or not...

• Advertisement

. I'm not offended by the whole ten bell salute thing but just think in future it may not mean as much.

Your right. I mean one day Vince will really die and and by doing something like this you run the risk of people crapping all over it. And on future tribute shows too.

I'm not offended though for the simple reason, its so wacky.

I agree, I heard people complaining about the tributes on SD, but then when I was watching it and the first person on was Regal with his praise, it just makes it so obvious that Vince isn't really dead. Then there was Edge with the most rambling promo he's ever done, "Vince was the foundation...of this ship"

There's no way they'll drop it because of Sherri's death though. I think it's fine as long as they keep some sort of distinction with reality and the actual show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 e_jenks

the story will come back at survivor series or a main event in november. vince will come back with taker and the ministry will be back

Fozzy wrote:
    I think it's fine as long as they keep some sort of distinction with reality and the actual show

Again I agree but by doing stuff like 10 bell salutes you are blurring the line.

Theres a bit up on WWE.com now about it being Shane and Stephaine's first Father's day without Vince, and whats looks to be recent pics of Shane and Steph up too.

My favorite part of the article: They must find the words to tell them that their grandfather won’t be visiting their homes this Father’s Day. That he won’t be over to enjoy a backyard catch, or partake in an imaginary tea party.

When Vince comes back I demand he does a segment where he drinks imaginary tea with his grandchildren!

• Advertisement

My favorite part of the article: They must find the words to tell them that their grandfather won’t be visiting their homes this Father’s Day. That he won’t be over to enjoy a backyard catch, or partake in an imaginary tea party.

When Vince comes back I demand he does a segment where he drinks imaginary tea with his grandchildren!

:D Now THAT would be a segment worth seeing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Paul Heyman did it!! lol... my guess is that whoever takes over from Vince will end up being the "killer"...

Possibly Shane... who wanted his inheritance early... or Bischoff or someone..

ha.... this angle is class. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Mr. McMahon will be back by the end of the year
    I'd like to see Stephanie take over and for her and Triple H to get back together on screen and be the killers.

Minto wrote:
    I'd like to see Stephanie take over and for her and Triple H to get back together on screen and be the killers.

I hope your wish doesn't come true! It was fine in 1999 but I just don't need to see another version of it.

I think we'll be seeing alot more of Stephanie over the next few months though.

Heard that Vince's replacement will be appointed tonight on Raw...Shane?? Steph?? Coach??...any guesses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

It seems WWE.com have announced Coach as head of RAW for the mo. Also, WWE COO Mike Shilek (sp?) is at the arena. I'd say they'll make him temp chairman.

The Wrestling Observer has reported that the plan is to reveal Vince's killer within the next month. There's going to be a 3 hour Raw next week with wrestlers from all shows on it and they might even reveal it there if the SD ratings drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sensational Sherri gets a measly couple of minutes tribute and 3 hours is devoted to a fake death. Vince must be living as a recluse at the moment to avoid the snappers. If he really were to die no-one believe it;)

Vince must be living as a recluse at the moment to avoid the snappers. If he really were to die no-one believe it;)

Didn't Sandman do something similar for the blind man angle he did in his ECW days? He stayed in his house so that he wouldn't get sprung.

VR!

Vince must be living as a recluse at the moment to avoid the snappers. If he really were to die no-one believe it;)

Didn't Sandman do something similar for the blind man angle he did in his ECW days? He stayed in his house so that he wouldn't get sprung.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Sensational Sherri gets a measly couple of minutes tribute and 3 hours is devoted to a fake death.

Makes logical sense to me...the three hours are obviously gonna be dedicated to storylines and have matches and all the rest...there hardly gonna integrate a real-life death into the show...although knowing WWE these days.:rolleyes:

I know why people think having ten-bell salutes undermine real deaths, but to me WWE has always been about blurring the lines of reality and fiction, even at the expense of taste, but I think it's great. Of course its inappropriate, but who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭Trampas

This even made the evening hearld last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Makes logical sense to me...the three hours are obviously gonna be dedicated to storylines and have matches and all the rest...there hardly gonna integrate a real-life death into the show...although knowing WWE these days.:rolleyes:

I know why people think having ten-bell salutes undermine real deaths, but to me WWE has always been about blurring the lines of reality and fiction, even at the expense of taste, but I think it's great. Of course its inappropriate, but who cares?

Well, Vince's philosophy is anything goes. He wanted to incorporate Stephanie's pregnancy into WWE tv. He was to be the father of her child.
    That particular storyline, which was vetoed, and the excessive tribute to a fake death is going too far in my view. If life throws a curveball and the WWE chairman dies sometime this year you'll have fans reacting to it the way they are to this storyline. It'll be trivialising a real death. That's distateful, disrespectful and incredibly hurtful to those left behind. The usage of any and everything so long as it increases ratings should not be justified-there has to be moral parameters in my opinion.

Why does this surprise people? In fairness, they spent a year after Eddie Guerreros death exploiting it and milking for all it was worth to get Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton over!

VR!

Trampas wrote:
    This even made the evening hearld last night

Only last night? They must've been waiting to make sure he wasn't really dead! Seriously though, people say it's disrespectful and awful and all this, but does anyone think ratings are going to drop because of it? Not a chance, WWE can do pretty much whatever they want and they'll still have enough people watching to make money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I think it will be interesting to see how this storyline turns out eventually, because it so obviously is a storyline. I wouldn't have thought they could do a storyline like this at all. I do think that it's in bad taste especially since the death of Sensational Sherri.

Reasons why I think it's a storyline:
    (a) It was shown from various camera angles - surely if it weren't planned only one would have been used
    (b) there also have been reports there were continuity mistakes as if it were a video and not live footage played at the end of Raw last week
    (c) there has not, so far, been a body located

I apologise if any of the above is incorrect and people are welcome to correct it if you wish. I'll be watching to see how this turns out. It will probably end up being rubbish, but it will still be interesting to see what they do with this.

What does everyone else think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

He isnt really dead Jane if that's what your thinking here look
    vincedeadframe3xx6cv8.jpg

You can clearly see there is nobody inside.
    (Credit Meek)

The windows are tinted though, so you wouldn't be able to see inside anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

You can see in the pic though he is clearly not there. (Can you see the pic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Ive stopped watching not because i dont enjoy wrestling anymore, its just this whole mcmahon dead storyline is the greatest load of rubbish theyve ever produced

I did tape it on monday watched it tuesday just to see if anything different was going on, and nope same shtick and all that stephanie crying crap was just so awful i turned it off and went off and did something else

Its a sobering though that Sensational Sherrie is really dead but WWE ran with there fake dead storyline cause it got some media exposure and short term and make no mistake about it is a short term boost to there ratings

Something to think about i suppose, but for now and until someone with half a brain realises that no ones buying into it, and it comes to an end hopefully sooner rather then later i wont be watching as its a complete and utter waste of time

Shin

Jane_LS_88 wrote:
    I do think that it's in bad taste especially since the death of Sensational Sherri.

What does everyone else think?

I think it's a bit unfair to come out with that statement considering they started that storyline BEFORE Sherri was found dead! I see the point you're trying to make (stop the storyline) but in fairness, how the hell are they gonna do that?

VR!

The Wrestling Observer reported that the reason they did this angle is because the USA Network put them under pressure to do more soap-opera style angles to make it more like it was back in 1998. WWE's main source of revenue is from their tv deals, so they'll probably do whatever the USA Network requests of them

Reganio 2 wrote:
    You can see in the pic though he is clearly not there. (Can you see the pic)
    Obviously you can't! The limo has tinted windows, and even if they were smashed out (not that that pic can tell), it's still not that clear.

Although it is parked suspiciously close to a WWE production truck ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

But you can clearly see through the tinted windows from the light of the explosion. If McMahon was there you would be able to see at least a profile of his head, but he wasn't in the limo, so who cares? :cool:

• Advertisement

The Wrestling Observer reports that they're going to be doing the angle with more comedy starting on Raw because of the negative response to their serious approach. That's fine by me. The Godfather is going to be involved on Raw too, along with Austin and Bischoff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

They'll have some big story line about him going into hiding for some buul reason, a man of his ego won't stay out of the spotlight for very long.

Advertisement