Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nct question

Options
  • 12-06-2007 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

hey I am wondering what the situation with bad bumpers and the nct is? Im looking to repair an old 88 corrolla my uncle has(crap I know) but the bumper has some damage, ie. it is pushed in/cracked in parts, would it need replacing for an nct? the car was parked up for a year but still is in good nick and from what I can see no major signs of rust, he never bothered putting it through the nct so Im hoping, looked up this but didnt help much http://www.ncts.ie/nctmanual.pdf
    have absolutely no exp with the nct so all help appreciated

also if anyone knows a good online store for old parts itd help

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If there are exposed jagged edges that could injure a pedestrian it'll possibly fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

it would probably be best just to stick it through the nct and see what faults they bring up, get them fixed for them and have it retested, the nct can be very niggly sometimes, i reckon especially with such an old car to just put it through it and see what they what you to get fixed, so then atleast you know what it needs to pass the retest

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

yes, best bet is to put it through the test and see what it fails on if it fails at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭b0bbie

Can I hijack this thread and ask about wingmirrors too? Have NCT tommorrow and 1 wingmirror is ccurrently stuck on with electriacal tape but no sharp edges. Would that be somothing that they would fail a Nct for?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

I've seen a car pass with that before... AFAIR the only stipulation is that it's adjustable from inside the car... So once the adjuster still works and it's fairly secure and not dangerous you might be ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

I've seen a car pass with that before... AFAIR the only stipulation is that it's adjustable from inside the car... So once the adjuster still works and it's fairly secure and not dangerous you might be ok...

Don't think so, some cars aren't adjustable from the inside.

it failed .... for the wingmirror just....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

b0bbie wrote:
    it failed .... for the wingmirror just....
    did it fail for the taped on wing mirror or the fact tha you can't adjust it?

it failed for the tape - you can still adjust it

• Advertisement
Advertisement