Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nct time

Options
  • 12-06-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭

how long before your nct is due can you put it through the test, I got my nct in Feb but it expires in November, previous owner never ncted it. wouldnt mind putting it through asap..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

3 months if it's the 2nd or subsequent NCT, 6 months if it's the first NCT, ie the car is 4 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

there is a fairly long delay in getting a time slot for the test in my area (fonthill). i waited, thinking they would post out a time or reminder nearer to when my ntc expired but i guess they don't. i phoned up and the next available time was over 6 weeks away, although they said to check for cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The NCT centre will only send out a reminder for the car's first NCT when it is 4 years old. They will not send out a reminder for any subsequent tests other than the first. It is the responsibility of the current registered owner of the car to book it every two years after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

Phone up and ask for a cancellation.

Advertisement