Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist tattoo

Options
  • 12-06-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey guys
    Thinkiinof getting a small tattoo on my wrist.Cant seem to find to many examples anywhere.Anyone know where to look.I just want something simple maybe a tribal design

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zee_hb

Darren R wrote:
    Hey guys
    Thinkiinof getting a small tattoo on my wrist.Cant seem to find to many examples anywhere.Anyone know where to look.I just want something simple maybe a tribal design
    Have you tried http://www.bmezine.com ?

zee

http://www.homebug.net
    homes, interiors, art, design - ireland & elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SweetQueency

Darren R wrote:
    Hey guys

How about these? You like them?
    Catheline-tatoo.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

i have this in white ink on my right wrist (gettin it redone in colour) and also I have a black star underneath it.....
    it's not hard to find tribal designs on the net so go search for it!!! google it or use the link that was posted above....and GO FOR IT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Alternatively ask emmett to do you a custom job. The man gots skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dewlanna

Darren, try Deviantart, its pretty good.
    Knock yourself out :)
    http://browse.deviantart.com/designs/tattoos/?order=9&alltime=yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

I'd love a wrist tattoo but a lo of jobs frown upon them I think

sambora wrote:
    I'd love a wrist tattoo but a lo of jobs frown upon them I think
    So? They're easily covered up by a shirt sleeve and as far as I know jobs can't refuse to employ you because you have a tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Slurms wrote:
    So? They're easily covered up by a shirt sleeve and as far as I know jobs can't refuse to employ you because you have a tattoo.

Unfortunately they do. I have several friends who were "above the rest" going for job interviews and were told that tattoo's don't fit in with the "professional dress code" and weren't called back....Its the daftest rule ever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

it's a completely stupid rule and i hate it grrrr....!

I thought it was illegal in the same way you can't tell a fella he's not allowed have long hair if women in the workplace can have long hair?
    Either way guess I'm lucky. I have a really laid back job and they're cool with tattoo's/piercings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

No its up to the company if they want someone with tattoos representing them, tbh I sort of agree with the rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iosfra

I have a tattoo on my wrist and work in an office enviorment and it has never been questioned. Also they can be covered for an interview, if after you are hired it is a problem then there is not really much they can do, as it is not something that affects how well you do your job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iosfra

How about these? You like them?
    Catheline-tatoo.JPG

Is that not on her leg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

No its up to the company if they want someone with tattoos representing them, tbh I sort of agree with the rule
    Would it be so easy for a company to say that they don't want a person representing them because they have black skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Um, no, and that's a ridiculous argument. A person chooses to get tattooed, they do not choose their ethnicity.

Advertisement