Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your J1 going?

• 12-06-2007 8:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Most of us will have been at our destinations for a week or 2 by now, so how's it going for you? Have you got jobs and/or accommodation sorted out? Getting tired of your friends yet?

I've got a (very overcrowded) house, no job yet and am quickly running out of patience for my housemates! I never imagined people could be be so messy and noisy!

Comments

Have a job.Just waiting for my drug test to come back.
    In a house.It is not too bad.
    Was playing footie yesterday and was playing with Owen Wilson.
    Dead on.down to earth lad.I love playing football in the park.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Get off the bloody internet!!!!!

J1's arent supposed to be spent on the net talking to Irish people. Get out there and get arrested for underage drinking or something. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Yeh I have the same problems with my housemates, but they are all cool. I go surfing to escape the crowded house you should try that too, if you can...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

Haha dazzler I saw Owen Wilson playin soccer in the Park so I'm assumin you were there too! Tis a small world. Did you see that crazy guy with the bird on his head? He was around the same area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Havent even left yet, sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What the hell?

If your on here moaning about the noise and places being too crowded, you should not have gone on a J1 in the first place, you should have stayed at home surfing boards.ie talking to internet people...

ianwalsh2 wrote:
    Haha dazzler I saw Owen Wilson playin soccer in the Park so I'm assumin you were there too! Tis a small world. Did you see that crazy guy with the bird on his head? He was around the same area.
    Were ye the Irish guys with the hurley sticks in Central Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

No im afraid that wasn't us. We're from Longford so eh hurling wouldn't really be our sport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Since there seems to be a decent amount of us in NY or there abouts, would a meet-up be reasonable? Were any of you at the Summerstage in CP on Sunday for Rodrigo Y Gabriela?

Going great so far, 3+½ months down, 2+½ to go. Skydiving on Saturday \o/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭ConansGal

I'd be up for a meet up if others are. I'm dying to hear another Irish voice. I just dropped my brother off at the AirTrain and I miss him already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement