Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid: The Movie!

Options
  • 12-06-2007 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

LOS ANGELES--When excited attendees left yesterday's Konami press conference, they were handed a catalog for Studio Kojima's forthcoming slate of games. However, many didn't know it, since the brochure was a clever imitation of the newsletter handed out each day at of the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

On the front of the Kojima catalog was a "breaking news" box, which bore the headline "Solid Snake...On the silver screen?" The blurb below it read, "In a late-breaking surprise announcement, director Hideo Kojima revealed that his most famous creation--Metal Gear Solid--is getting the live-action treatment."

Given the semicomic nature of the fake E3 newsletter/Kojima Productions catalog, many thought the story was a joke. However, on the last page of the pamphlet was a page-long article on the project, which showed that Kojima was dead serious when he made the announcement.

After assuring readers at length that German director Uwe Boll will not have anything to do with the project, as rumored, Kojima talked about the film. "I have received many offers to adapt Metal Gear Solid. It has taken a long time, but we have finally settled on an arrangement," said the revered designer. "False facts aside, a movie project is underway. I have finalized a Class-A contract with a party in Hollywood."

Kojima did not mention the name of the party, a release date, or any potential directors or stars. However, ever since the original PlayStation Metal Gear Soild, the English-language dialogue of game hero Solid Snake has been voiced by Hollywood figure David Hayter. Though a prolific voice actor, Hayter has enjoyed greater success as a screenwriter, with credits for X-Men, X2, and the forthcoming Watchmen under his belt.

Source: GameSpot.com

Looks to be great imo as im a big fan of the series especially MGS1. Btw does anyone in Dublin have a copy for psone or PC?

-Spritza

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I don't think they're using Hayter's script for Watchmen anymore.
    It's cool that Kojima seems to be being careful with this, but as with all things of this nature I remain hopeful but deeply pessimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spritza

Id love to see Hayter play Snake in this as he truly is the one and only Solid Snake but it looks doubtfull.. Btw heres the imdb:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0808372/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hugh Jackman is...Solid Wolver...i mean Snake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rockintothebone

saw someone selling this game on adverts ages back...dunno if its still available for sale...try ur luck...

saw someone selling this game on adverts ages back...dunno if its still available for sale...try ur luck...

Yeah I saw a wanted ad but none to sell. Is it just me or are you not allowed in sales section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I remember hearing somewhere, possibly in the Kojima podcast, that Hayter isn't going to be involved in the film, either as an actor or scriptwriter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Christian Bale or Eric Bana for Snake...

I hope they drop all this 'what director' crap and just let Kojima do it (or at least have the last say on things). I'd hate to see a license like this be burned by a sh*tty crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Things could go full circle and we could have Kurt Russell for Snake, seeing as Snake was inspired by Russell's Snake Plisken in Escape From New York.

I actually don't think he'd be a bad choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Nahh, hes too old surely - in his late 50s ?

Bale would be good maybe in a few years time when the film finally gets into production.

edit/ what about Gerard Butler?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

SofaKing wrote:
    edit/ what about Gerard Butler?
    Madness? This IS SHADOW MOSES!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

dunno who would be could to play him but david hayater has a really distinct voice and a long isn't ruined by some puf of an actor like orlando bloom I am happy:D :D:D .
    Anone see the escape from new york and L.A movies starring kurt russell as snake pliskin thought they were alright not great though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Metal Gear Solid movie would be cool.

Lets all hope that UWE BOLL is not the director attached to this project!!!! Would be awful!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hayter looks nothing like solid snake so don't expect him in the lead.

I hope Kojima has a better taste in directors than he did with MGS: Twin Snakes. That muppet who directed Versus made a complete mess of the cutscenes in Twin Snakes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They should get the good Paul Thomas Anderson to direct this.
    The irony would be oh so terrific.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Hayter looks nothing like solid snake so don't expect him in the lead.

Yes you have to take into mind that Hayter does have the voice but not the appearence so it looks doubtful. The only thing in game you really know snake of is his voice as the graphics are ****ty PsOne quality... If this is Dubbed from the jap version, Hayter would be my first choice in that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

jackie chan for solid snake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

Has to be Kiefer Sutherland. And his dad could play Big Boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Rhyme wrote:
    Christian Bale or Eric Bana for Snake...

Booo Christian Bale!
    Eric Bana would suit the part bang on though methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

LordBlonde wrote:
    Has to be Kiefer Sutherland. And his dad could play Big Boss!

lol that would be interesting...jack bauer...solid snake,im sure he could make it work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

F**KN YES!!!! :D

I cant wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Part of me always thought that with a more general accent, the guy who plays Sawyer in Lost would be a good choice.

However, in all honesty, I hope they pick a relatively unknown actor so that the 'actor' won't overpower the 'character'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tbh, i'd be dissapointed if it was made AFTER Sons of Liberty story. :eek:

As i love Liquid Snake i'd love to see him in it...even in a flashback..or if he were to be recloned :eek: ..wont happen though

#1Snake
    #2Liquid
    #3Vulcan Raven

Theyre who i'd like to see....oh...and Johnny...the idiot guard who always end up robbed of his clothes :p and knocked out :rolleyes:

I think they are going to ruin this. David Hayter said he would like to see this as an animated film I think that would work best as you could keep snakes look and more importantly his voice and it would make doing liquid snake easier too. But seeing as they are going live action I think a film along the lines of MGS 3 would probably work better, setting up future installments.

Advertisement