Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History HL!! My essays?

Options
  • 12-06-2007 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone suggest anything else for me to learn or any tips please? Im panickin!! Im doin:
    Anti-Semitism
    Nazi Propaganda
    Sinn Féin 1918 Elections
    Treaty
    Have no idea about American, maybe Political Structures
    HELP!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Dismantling the Treaty, Hitler's Foreign Policy and make damn sure you've the case studies more or less off by heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm in the same boat as they say. Im studying at 9. There will be uproar if propaganda does not come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

Consider yourself lucky that you've that much learned, feeling stressed now!!!!!!:o :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Case Studies? This day keeps getting more and more amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

Case Studies? This day keeps getting more and more amusing.

i wonder whats in that case:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 anything1

whats everyone else thinkin is coming up or learnin like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

lots of different things but it seems that just about everyone has mentioned hitler and nazi propaganda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nazi Propaganda was in the DEB mocks, I would die of happiness if that came up. Stalin last year, so either Stalin and Lenin together or else causes of world war 2...please be propaganda?

I'm learning GAA, Strike and Lockout, Rising, War of Independence, Civil War, Treaty and First Dáil, then Nazi propaganda, consolidation of power- Hitler, causes of world war 2, then civil rights, King and concensus/collapse of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I reckon I'm fine for Nation States and International Tensions, I've studied:
    The Eastern Question
    Causes of WWI
    WWI

And I know Bismarck/Wilhelm 2 fairly well. I'm gonna look over Russia tomorrow.

Dictatorships and Democracies:
    Everything about Germany from 1918-1939

I know Russia and Italy all right, will look over them tomorrow.

The Pursuit of Sovereignty and the Impact of Partition:
    Causes and Results of the 1916 Rising(I doubt there'll be a question asking you to discuss the events during the rising, it's too narrow)
    Arthur Griffith and Sinn Féin
    First Dáil

Either tonight or tomorrow I need to go over the Treaty and possibly Fianna Fáil. This section is SO big....

Documents:
    Lockout and GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How many threads does this history need? And how little work has everyone done for this subject? If you have the Edco past papers, there are little revision sheets near the front(before the 2006 exam). Go through them, topic by topic, and voilá, in no time, you have pretty much the whole course studied. And you can risk leaving out last years stuff aswell. It'll give you a basis for any essay that may come up. I havent left anything to chance, I'm going through it all, amking sure I've enough to say on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

From Dictatorship and Democracy I would recommend the last 2 chapters; Radio and Cinema, and The Home Front, neither of them came up last year and usually something on society comes up.
    Anyway, I can't wait to get into that exam and let rip. I'm getting so excited about doing the exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I've made a 5 and a half hour study plan from 7:30 til 1 tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Advertisement