Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Drawing (HL) Paper 1 2005 Question 3

Options
  • 12-06-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭

I've got the tangent and normal drawn, trying to do part (B). How do I do this locus thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭madnirvana

mp3guy wrote:
    I've got the tangent and normal drawn, trying to do part (B). How do I do this locus thing?

go to examinations.ie

go to marking schemes 2005 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

madnirvana wrote:
    go to examinations.ie

go to marking schemes 2005 ..

See, if you did technical drawing you'd know that they don't explain how to do the questions in the solutions.

mp3guy wrote:
    See, if you did technical drawing you'd know that they don't explain how to do the questions in the solutions.

i do technical drwing man, i just dont have my exam papers here wait.

well u see the Cone A and its point of contact.......in plan draw a line going from the cone A's centre to the point of contact and keep going...

now from the point of contact in plan add Any amount 9e.g) 20 cm and keep adding on the line. then draw the arcs from the centre of the cone.

now you have to find the P .O .C on the small sphere to the cone u have to to draw. when u fint it( i hope u did) then in plan draw arcs or 20 FROm the point of contact arc u goi in plan...

its very hard to explain like this man ..

where ever the arcs from the cone and sphere meet....u have ur centre point of the cone C.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

• Advertisement

Hmm, still don't get it

Bump, still haven't got it, really need to get this question out

Advertisement