Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Safety, Allergies etc

Options
  • 12-06-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Am on holiday in Scotland and my Bro-in-law gets this Paper. Its considered fairly reputable.

Have a read of this and see what you think.

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=915662007

I know when my eldest was young we learned through experience not to let him eat certain foods/sweets/drinks containing certain "E" numbers.

I believe that when such additives are in popular brands e.g. Diet Coke which youngsters drink frequently parents and children should be aware.

I'm not sure that we can expect the drinks and food manufacturers to print the info on labels but a dedicated website compiled from independent bodies around the world would be handy.

I know there are several for ethical consumers is there anything similar for worried parents re additives and food?

Comments

Advertisement