Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7th Book Info Leak! (Well Supposedly) Possible MegaSuperUber Spoilers from hell!!!!**

Options
  • 12-06-2007 9:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Heh I just saw this...

Dont click if you dont want it spoiled!

http://rolloffle.blogspot.com/

*snip*

Dont click if you dont want it spoiled!

http://rolloffle.blogspot.com/

So...true or complete crap?

What do you think? Sorry if this is old.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

If you highlight the thread before opening it you can read that :o

I hope it's not true now that I've read it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hypnotoad wrote:
    If you highlight the thread before opening it you can read that :o

I hope it's not true now that I've read it.
    Sorted, cheers for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Eeek, well whatever you did it didn't work! :eek:

No matter. Edited before those die hard fans get here. *cough*Faith*cough* :)

I don't know if its true or not, but I'd be inclined to lean towards fake.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks funky! I'd be SUPER pissed off if it got spoiled now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Faith wrote:
    Thanks funky! I'd be SUPER pissed off if it got spoiled now!
    Just think about it, you will never know until you read the book....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭katarin

Rimulus?!
    Ah come on.
    and Harry don't sob. Especially not to grown men.
    And everyone knows the last horcrux is in Grimmauld Place! The Heavy, unopenable locket in the cupboard!
    I think its a fake. Nothing about it (anywhere) on any of the official spoiler pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I don't believe it either. Then again, even if I did believe it, I'd try to convince myself that I didn't just so my enjoyment of the book wasn't spoiled by my curiousity! :-D

katarin wrote:
    Rimulus?!
    Ah come on.
    and Harry don't sob. Especially not to grown men.
    And everyone knows the last horcrux is in Grimmauld Place! The Heavy, unopenable locket in the cupboard!
    I think its a fake. Nothing about it (anywhere) on any of the official spoiler pages.

This was my first instict aswell; That 'Harry Sobbed' bit. The whole section is not written well at all.

It really does scream fake.

Phew. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

There's absolutely no way that's legit. Not unless JKR and all her editors have decided that they're so rich at this point, that they can bash out whatever half-arsed fan fiction they feel like. :) I mean "I never listened to him or I never took him seriously in a good way?" Yes, Harry. Also, all your horcrux are belong to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Why are the two links to the same thing!?!?!?

Anyway I would say fake I have been re reading the books before the last is realise and it doesnt seem to read the same at all.

Guess we'll have to wait and see

• Advertisement

Why are the two links to the same thing!?!?!?

Anyway I would say fake I have been re reading the books before the last is realise and it doesnt seem to read the same at all.

Guess we'll have to wait and see
    Mods added one in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

the style is so different, it's too poorly written, i can imagine thats real at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I'll guess fake, but I could kinda see it happening!

on a second reading : it's horrifically written. not JKR in the slightest. there's grammatical errors!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I remember before the last book was released I heard a story that betting was suspended on who would die in book 6 as there was a serious spike in betting on Dumbledore. And I read all this before the release date.

crikey. thats a leak. nah theres no ban on betting for this one... though its pretty pointless to bet Voldemort to live.

There was a leak on Dumbledore alright. I remember reading a story about some dude who drove past a massive queue at midnight shouting:

"DUMBLEDORE DIES!"

what followed was a collective:

"NOOOOOOO!!!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, i'll be avoiding any forums/mmo's/chat rooms etc for a few days before and until i finish the last book. If someone spoils it for me, i will...do something that will not be very pleasent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

More leaks, this time by a hacker who claims he managed to get a digital version of the book off of a Bloomsbury site.

WARNING SPOILERS IN THESE LINKS !!!!!!

Reuters Article: Reuters News Service

Original Post by "Gabriel": Insecure.org

EDIT: Just noticed that Bloomsbury are still declining to comment on this leak. Interesting ...

im not reading this one. in case its genuine. this is the biggest book event in years, im not missing it coz of some prat with a floppy disk and too much time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There was a leak on Dumbledore alright. I remember reading a story about some dude who drove past a massive queue at midnight shouting:

"DUMBLEDORE DIES!"

what followed was a collective:

"NOOOOOOO!!!"

With me in a mean way, I'd love to run into the shop, open the book, find out who dies, and shout it out, all by 12.02 that night. Just to ruin it for everyone in the bookshop. In my morbid way, I'd laugh a lot...but I wanna read it too much. Why cant I stop thinking about doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

That link to the person who hacked into Blumsbury is a load of nonsense. It makes no sense and is just some religious nut trying to crap all over the release of the most evil book ever written **sinister music begins to play**! If that is the true ending, JK has let herself down enormously.

Minto wrote:
    That link to the person who hacked into Blumsbury is a load of nonsense. It makes no sense and is just some religious nut trying to crap all over the release of the most evil book ever written **sinister music begins to play**! If that is the true ending, JK has let herself down enormously.

My thoughts exactly. But then I saw the huge deal they made about it on Sky News, I even saw it on France 24, and then theres that Reuters article as-well. I suppose the fact that Bloomsbury won't comment on it is whats making it big ...

Mushy wrote:
    With me in a mean way, I'd love to run into the shop, open the book, find out who dies, and shout it out, all by 12.02 that night. Just to ruin it for everyone in the bookshop. In my morbid way, I'd laugh a lot...but I wanna read it too much. Why cant I stop thinking about doing it?

Omg that would be so so satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Omg that would be so so satisfying.

I know. Hell, the bookshop is the only loser:D . JK still makes her money, and if your in the same one as me...well tough!

Nah, it wont be done. Dont think I'm bothered staying up till midnight for the book just to be bought. I'm gonna immerse myself in my room until I finish it....I'm actually kinda excited by it kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I never read the books and do it all via audio books to and from work. I read all the other books out of sync so I'm not pushed about spoilers but this is total bull crap!

The grammer is terrible as is the prose not to mention the spelling errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I have not followed the links. I remember before book 6 came out I stumbled upon a forum where all sorts of rumours were passed and it kinda ruined my experience reading the book as I keep thinking "right, such-and-such is going to happen now" it didn't in the end, but it meant I wasn't fully drawn into the pages and therefore didn't enjoy the story to the same degree I enjoyed the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

There are some people who think that spoiling the end of the last Harry Potter book is grounds for justifiable homicide.

And of course Bloomsbury aren't going to comment - if they deny it, then people would know that the informaion contained therein is false, spoiling the surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

Mushy wrote:
    :D I'd love to do that. But back to concentrating *must not read link must not read link*:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Emm I'd say that hacker thing is fake. Was watching Jonathan Ross last night and JK was on. She said it wouldn't be converted to an e-book. And even if it was, why would Bloomsbury have it on their site? At most they'd have it on a closed-circuit intranet inside their building. What sort of situation could possibly warrant putting an ebook on the site? Only, I can imagine, a completely ludicrous one :) lol

Advertisement